“Delightful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Prince of Wales

You added Comfort Inn Prince of Wales to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Prince of Wales
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   143 Fitzmaurice St, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales 2650, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Wagga Wagga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Delightful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Many times stayed at Wagga Wagga. First time for many years at the Comfort Inn and we were not disappointed. Rooms are clean and fresh with a nice view over the river. We were very late arriving on our trip up North, but nothing was too much trouble. The aircon. was switched on for us so that the room was sooo nice when we arrived after such a long trip. Return trip stay was even better, as we booked the spa suite....quite luxurious! We enjoyed a delicious home cooked breakfast both mornings. Jo and Mick are a very hospitable couple. Our only disappointment was that we missed the dining room both nights - menu looked most impressive. Would definitely stay again. Have previously stayed at the Lawson, but the lack of dining facilities there means that our preference will now be Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the river...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hi All,
Mal here again. Can I just say if you are staying in Wagga, you HAVE to stay here. Not only are the rooms big, open and clean (and dont forget the quilted toilet paper, its the small things), but I just cant go past Jo's food and Mick's company in the bar. I had the steak last night and I have to be honest. There was something missing. By the end of the meal (and after a couple of Malibu's) I realised what it was. I didn't have any of Jo's famous homemade garlic bread. Arrrgggg. Oh well, it means I have to come back soon.
Mick, you do Ted Danson proud. Jo, you would blow them away if you went on My Kitchen Rules. Save me some garlic bread for next time.
Remember when you stay here, tell 'em Mal sent you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I again travelled to Wagga Wagga at the start of the university year for my daughter. What a delight the Comfort Inn is. This time we were placed in a riverview room which was absolutely beautiful. I only briefly had a chance to catch up with Jo and Mick, but they were both as friendly and hospitable as ever. Had a lovely meal in the restaurant. Only drawback was that I didn't get to stay for longer. Hope to stay again later this year or again next year. I love this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night, room was modern, clean and a good size. Staff were friendly and efficient. Good location, walking distance to restaurants, shops, hotels etc. I would stay here again if I am ever in town.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a an army march out parade. I was a little unsure when I booked this motel because it didn't not appeal to me from the outside or the photos online. I booked it simply based on its trip advisor rating of #2 motel in Wagga Wagga (#1 was booked out). It was a nice shock to enter the room and see it so large and comfortable. The bathroom was amazing. Loved it. I ordered room service late at night when I arrived and the service was fast and food fantastic. There were a few negatives though - possibly not enough car spaces. I was concerned about going out at night and coming back and not having somewhere to park my car. I ended up taking a taxi and walking. Also, I was in a room in the at back corner, which was fine but it was still quite noisy at night. The reception service was good, however I was not a fan of the constantly unattended desk and locked door. There is a phone to ring if the door is lock but when I did this, no one answered and I stood about reception at 10am in the morning for a while until a worker wandered last from one of the rooms and saw me. I would stay here again, the positive definitely out weighed the negative.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel to Wagga for work quite often and the Prince of Wales is always my first choice. The rooms are spacious, clean, modern and the beds are so confortable. The owners are friendly and very welcoming. The food is delicious - the mashed potato is sensational.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Wagga, you cannot go past the Prince of Wales motel to make yourself right at home. Truly the Jewel of Wagga with the standards second to none. The cleanliness, friendliness, style and comfort is outstanding. The restaurant bar has a reputation to match with excellent food wine and ambience. I have been on the road for 25years as a rep and this is by far the best kept secret i've found to lay my head down at the end of a weary day. Don't go past this place it's a must!! The owners are happy to see you and make your stay a memorable one. Be sure to book an upstairs room with a balcony view of the river-very peaceful and serene.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Prince of Wales? Share your experiences!