“Good for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercury Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wagga Wagga
Mercury Motor Inn
You added Mercury Motor Inn to your Saves list
3935 Sturt Highway, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales 2650, Australia   |
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Wagga Wagga
Canberra
“Good for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night with a friend as a base from which to visit Temora the next day for the big Warbirds Downunder show (it was the cheapest hotel I could find within striking distance). For the money it was a good deal. The bloke at reception was friendly enough and check-in was quick and no fuss. The room had everything I needed for one night although some aspects of the room were a bit rough around the edges (e.g. tissue jammed into the window to presumably stop it from rattling?), and the cleanliness wasn't 100% (I couldn't bring myself to use the provided coffee mugs) but I have seen motels in far worse shape. The bed was clean and comfortable and I slept well. The shower was clean and the water hot. It is located on the Sturt Highway but noise didn't seem to be an issue although my friend was kept up by a barking dog in the adjacent block. It's probably not a place to stay for more than maybe a couple of nights though if you can afford something a bit better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Ok so it's not the fanciest motel in town but its not too bad either. For the price it had everything you would need for a stay of a night or two. The managers are very friendly and helpful. The room cleaning wasn't perfect but we felt comfortable and enjoyed he stay. I would recommend for a short stay if you don't want to break the bank. Jenny.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The stench as we walked in nearly floored us. We searched for the dead animal but couldn't locate it. We froze as the air con didnt work properly. So next step was to have a hot shower to warm up. Dumb move. When the hot water finally came through it was a trickle. No need to use cold water. Not acceptable in winter. Even the fridge was capput. Everything in it froze. Worst motel stay ever

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. For that money I was expecting a pretty big dive but at the end of the day all I wanted was a bed, shower and toilet and more money in my pocket to do other things. This motel wasn't as bad as I was expecting. She's pretty old and busted but the grounds were presented reasonably well and the pool looked ok. The room was ok with basic furniture, ample space, a heater that worked, and even had a DVD player. The bathroom was fine. The floor boards in the room weren't really clean so I wore shoes inside and the interior painting looked like it had been done by a 5 year old, or a monkey. The bloke at reception wasn't overly welcoming.

I would happily stay here again for the same price but if it were any more expensive i'd consider throwing in a bit extra for something heaps nicer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I don't know why I picked this motel for an overnight stay on the way to Melbourne but I won't make the same mistake again. I had a bad feeling when the bell was answered by a bloke who looked as if he had been cleaning out a septic tank. Not only was his general appearance unprepossessing but he turned out to be a graduate of the Basil Fawlty school of customer service. Not only did he not know what he was doing, he didn't seem all that bothered. The room was a tatty and decaying shadow of its former self and it obviously hadn't seen a paintbrush since sometime last century. It was probably the worst motel room I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Basic, but cleanish rooms.
Had to use the shower to fill the kettle.
Chipboard under the fridge dessicated (?mice nibbling away) -- gawd I hope not.
Masking tape holding air conditioning together.
Towels had holes and old marks on them.
Grumpy old lady for a cleaner.
Other than that...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I had to purchase some "deep heat" for my back after a night on that bed. I have never complained about a room before but unsuspecting travellers need to be forewarned. The air conditioner didn't work on the heating cycle. Towels had holes in them. Sink leaked both from the taps & underneath plumbing. Shower taps had to be turned on with a dry towel because they had been jammed off so hard to stop them from leaking. Film of dust on walls had what looked like mould or fungus growing from cracks. Dining chairs were dirty with burn marks and broken under seat support.
The list goes on!
What can I say, we loved it... NOT.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Mercury Motor Inn? Share your experiences!