“Down Under Was The Best Time Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sydney

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Kingwood, Texas
“Down Under Was The Best Time Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

If you ever have the chance to go “Down Under” to Australia, you have to go!! It’s a place where you can go to another country yet still feel like you are still in the USA. The country is gorgeous, the food is yummy and the people friendly.

There is so much to do that you need to plan on spending a week or more in Sydney. You have to take the Captain Cook cruise tour so you can get a great view of the infamous Opera House, the Sydney Bridge and the wonderful countryside. Then take the tour to the Featherdale Wildlife Reserve where you can actually feed and pet kangaroos, pet koalas, pet Dingo’s and see so many other Australian animals. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

Darling Harbour is a great place to visit where you can shop and stop in for a great bite to eat. Also plan on visiting the Australian Zoo where you will be able to see a variety of great animals. It’s a great zoo and we loved the monkey area where there was a baby chimpanzee that stole our hearts.

I would definitely come back to this country where I could spend more time and enjoy more of the countryside and all that it has to offer.

MMoore

APPLE VALLEY
“People Friendly City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

We have just spent a month traveling the main cities in southern Australia and have to say that Sydney was the highlight! Even though it is home to more than 4 million people, we had no sense of the big city while there. People went out of their way to be friendly, helpful and courteous. The city itself has easily available restrooms, walking paths, shade areas, information booths and food! It was clean, calm and beautiful! The botanical garden was amazing! We would love to go back!

Gainesville, Florida
“The Friendliness of Australians: A Short Story”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

First off, I'd like to say that Australia is the farthest I have ever been from the States and also that it was by far the Friendliest country I had ever been to.

I thought this was incredibly funny and shows some light into the Australian personality.

We are driving into my cousins' apartment (they are both in their mid 80s) and as we are pulling in an Aussie (Australian citizen) makes to walk in front of the car, but then he sees us pulling in.

He steps back and waves us in.

My cousin, the driver, stops by the man and says jokingly "I insist!".

The man then playfully says "No, no, you go ahead. You look like a dodgy driver anyway!"

We all got a few chuckles out of that one.

Excellent people.. The majority (9.9 out of 10) of people I've met in Australia have been SUPER friendly.

I'm buying some meat in the deli and the butcher notices my accent and he says "How's your trip so far mate? Enjoying Australia?"

I'm taken aback of course. In the US I take a jog every morning, I wave to people, say "Hi" to them, but the majority of Americans just aren't friendly. Maybe its just where I live, but its quite bothersome. I feel my social interactiveness is limited here. BUT.. Whatever.

Australia is the friendliest country I have been to, hopefully on my upcoming Europe trip the people will be just as nice!

I would also like to add that Australia has very beautiful cities.. Brisbane and Sydney were my main attractions

Check out the pics =]

The captions don't seem to be working. =[

Liverpool
“Sydney Such a huge city but brilliant .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

I visited SYD around november time 2006. It was such a huge city , evey destination was a train or bus dride away. I was travelling alone , so i decided to stay at backpackers hostels . I enjoyed the experience of staying at these low budget accomodation , i also met some interesting people along the way. One of my favourite memories of SYD would have to be either the ' Blue mountains' Or just generally strolling around the busy streets of Sydney by the Opera House .
Some really good beaches in Sydney i did the coastal walk which takes you from Bondi to Coogee beach . Do it on a cool day because it took me an hour halfor maybe bit more to walk .

Any questions on hostels , bars etc let me know .

Mike

Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Sydney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

A nice city though it reminds me of London as people seem to be racing around.
The sites are great to see.

Ive never seen so many Mc Donalds in a square mile like Sydney.

Been to Sydney? Share your experiences!