“Mexican dash” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rome, Italy
“Mexican dash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

It is a dash to the restaurant and always hopeful for a table for some tasty and fresh Mexican food. Excellent staff and delicious food..... Always always love coming here........ And try the coconut rice and nutmeg drink it's delightful.

Sydney
“Margaritas & Fajitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

There’s a lot to be said, when people are standing outside in a line, for good reasons we made booking. On busy restaurant on Glebe Point Road, Flying Fajita Sistas stands out for its name and whimsical artwork depicting Mexican winged fairies. It’s not your typical sombrero decorated Mexican food joint.

We walk upstairs past the “Wall of Pain” featuring such stomach clenching sauces as “Sudden Death” and “Kiss Your A** Goodbye”. Looking at the menu, my friend and I narrowed our choices down to the Pulled Pork Quesadilla and Chicken Fajitas.

Whilst we are waiting, I had pre-ordered a jug of sangria and two small complimentary trays of mexican spiced green olives arrive-they’re delicious and lightly spicy.

We’re not waiting long when our dishes arrive on round edged rectangular plates and they’ve got us drooling from the look and aroma. My Quesadilla with Achiote Pulled Pork has four huge quarters of crispy edged quesadilla which are absolutely packed with soft, stringy but delicious pulled pork. There’s so much pork filling that it’s bursting out in a blissful, bounteous manner. They quesadillas are covered with a glorious riot of red cherry tomato salsa and accompanied by salad and mexican rice. The chicken fajitas come out on a sizzling cast iron tray on a bed of sauteed onions and capsicum along with a separate warmer of 4 flour tortillas and a cute compartmentalised tray of fillings ranging from sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos, pineapple, cheese, chili sauce and sour cream as well as salad, mexican rice and black beans.They smell heavenly and tucked in to making our fajitas. Oh yeah, during our feed, we tucked into the margarita list and had a few.

Service was fantastic and the atmosphere was buzzing. Look forward to returning back again soon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Mexican Food In Sydney !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hole in the wall at Glebe Point Road is probably the best Mexican food in the world !! The wall of fire is not be messed around with...go easy and upgrade yourself on the hot sauces...the service is personal and have been to this place many many times.....a must do every time I go to Sydney...love the place...it is a BYO !

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service..if a little rushed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We dined here for my partner's birthday on a sat night having been reccomended to eat here by other Trip Advisors and Sydney residers.
A table of 10 and we were sat upstairs - the servies was really good, the waiter and waitress looked after us well and were always checking to see if we needed drinks etc.

The food was good, but didn't blow my mind..but to be fair, i don't expect that from Mexican food. It's honest fill-you-up food at the end of the day.
We had the nachos with dips to start which were quite stingy portions for the price but were tasty none the less. We all had various mains, I had the Chimmychanga which was very good, but could have been cooked for longer as it was not as crispy as i would like.

My only 2 down points were that they rushed out my partners birthday cake only around 5 minutes after the mains had been cleared and I still had the taste of my main in my mouth! also one of our friends was in the loo at the time and missed the blowing out of the candles so a bit of bad timing there.

My second minus point was that the toilet was a bit messy - there was only one loo in the entire place and this was a busy 2-storey restaurant. Papertowels overflowed from the one bin and scattered the floor.

Overall a good night, but was not 'magical', the upstairs lacks any character so it didn't feel like we were somewhere for a special occasion, downstairs has the wall of pain and a nice feel but upstairs felt a bit bland.

We live in Paddington and would not venture back over to Glebe to visit again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great traditional Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I ate at Flying Fajita Sistas with work colleagues on a Friday night, most of whom had never experienced Mexican food. Upon entering we were sat next to the 'Wall of Pain', a shelf containing an assortment of hot sauces rising in Scoville heat levels from the bottom up to the most powerful sauces on the top shelf. Not for the faint of heart. The fajitas here are excellent, and were served with pineapple which I had never seen before in a Mexican restaurant with fajitas, but were a most welcome addition. The restaurant could be noisy at times, and it wasn't the biggest place I have eaten in, but the volume only contributes to the vibe and character of this great little restaurant.

• Visited September 2011