“Sensational Japanese” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi-e

Sushi-e
Establishment Hotel, 248-252 George St,, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
(02) 9240 3041
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Auckland, New Zealand
“Sensational Japanese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My expectations were high but I certainly was not disappointed. We were three and I simply asked one of the chefs to delight us. He did. I love the atmosphere, original Japanese with style. We had seven dishes, warm and cold, with a great mix of flavours and some wonderful sauces. I could not fault the restaurant. The evening was not cheap, but nor is any superior restaurant experience in Sydney.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Dined here last night whilst staying at The Establishment hotel. Had some really good sashimi and an amazing scallop sashimi dish which alone will make me return. The prawn dumplings were beautiful as was the soft shell crab sushi. Great service & atmosphere will make us return when next in Sydney.

Visited August 2013
Alice Springs, Australia
“great sushi place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

lots to choose from for both vegetarians and fish/meat eaters alike. All fresh, all good. Excellent customer service, reservations recommended if dining after 630pm.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“I just don't get it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Thought I'd give this place a try due to all the hype surrounding it - but, I just didn't get it. Yes, the shashimi was tasty, the prawn tempura & teriyaki chicken were nice, but no better than I've had before (and I've had amazing sushi in Tokyo so I had something to benchmark it against). When ordering, I mentioned to the waitress that I MUST have the infamous Wagyu beef rolls, as that was one of the main reasons I decided to eat there. The shashimi came, then the tempura...15 minutes later the chicken, but no beef rolls. I enquired after them, to which I was told it was the waitresses fault and was given a free dessert. Another 15 minutes later, we were served another free dessert! I won't be going back just for some beef rolls - maybe people like this place just to be seen here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Best sushi ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love this place! Start with a cocktail in Hemmesphere and then go and taste one of the best sushi ever! Wagyu beef roll is a must!

• Visited June 2013