“A Little Hoytie but Good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wollongong
“A Little Hoytie but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The waiters were a little hoytie but we ignored this because the food was so good. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The servings were a little on the small side but exquisite - the gnocchi was sensational!

• Visited June 2012
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Jennie W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience.

We appreciate your contructive feedback regarding our staff and portion sizes, and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and our ever-popular gnocchi dish.

All the best and we hope to host you back at glass in the near future.

Gelston Park
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were given this dinner as a gift to celebrate our wedding anniversary and what a gift it was!!
From the moment we entered until the moment we left everything was sensational. The service was efficient, professional and friendly and the food was out of this world! We chose the degustation menu and were not disappointed. From the spicy carrot soup to the sinful dessert 7 courses later we experienced some of the most beautiful food we have ever tasted. Wine by the glass with an extensive wine list is a great touch. Having dined at quite a few celeb chef's restaurants this is by far the best. Luke you should be proud of yourself and your staff!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Christine D,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent dining experience.

I am very proud of my staff and my flagship restaurant- and it is truly wonderful to hear that you and your partner had such a memorable evening. Our degustation menu is a delicious showcase of fresh, local, seasonal produce and I am glad that you enjoyed every course!

All the best and we hope to offer you many more exemplar dining experiences at glass brasserie in the near future.

Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Double Baked Gruyère Cheese Souffle - To Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

And that was just the entree!

This whole experience was sensational. The flavours of entree, the lamb cutlet mains, the truffle mash and our liquid dessert of a chocolate cocktail.

Delicious & Sophisticated.

Would love to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
glassbrasserie, Owner at Glass Brasserie, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear aj_fitnesscoach,

Thank you for sharing your recent meal with us at glass brasserie.

We are delighted to learn that you had a "sensational" experience and that you particularly enjoyed our Gruyère souffle.

I will be sure to pass on your praise to our team and we hope to see you back at glass soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went to dinner here tonight with two friends visiting from Europe. We had the zuchini flowers for appetizer. Delicious. I had the gnocchi. I am vegetarian, and the menu had several veggie choices, although only one large dish (the gnocchi). It was amazing. Possibly the best gnocchi I've ever had. Absolutely perfect. Very delicate flavor. It came with a small amount of asparagus. My friends had the duck and the scotch steak, which they liked very much also. For dessert, I had the caramel parfait. The best. Overall, the food was amazing, and the service was very good too. We had wine, and the sommelier came to give us some advice about the wine, and they let us taste several to see which we liked best. The place is expensive, and the portions are on the small side (I'm American, though, so take that with a grain of salt), but I highly recommend this place. Very very good food and service.

Dear v10l3t1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at glass brasserie.

It is great to hear that you and your overseas guests had a memorable dinner and especially wonderful to learn that as a vegetarian you were satisfied with out menu offering. I will be sure to pass on your praise to our kitchen and floor staff.

All the best and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back at glass again in the near future.

Luke
“Amazing food- cannot wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The food, service, cocktails and atmosphere was incredible! I can't wait to come back!
I am still thinking about the gnocchi- so good! I had the special- the 350g waygu which was one of the best steaks I've ever had. My husband kept ranting about the kingfish sashimi as he thinks it was the best he has had!
I would consider coming to Sydney just to eat here! Wish there was one in Perth!

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had an exemplar dining experience at glass recently and I will be sure to pass on your praise regarding food, service, cocktails and atmosphere to our floor and kitchen staff.

We look forward to hosting you back at glass in the near future.