“A wonderfully hearty soup and bread combination” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Extra (Circular Quay)

City Extra (Circular Quay)
Shop E4, East Podium, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
(02) 9241 1422
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #959 of 5,162 restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: City Centre
“A wonderfully hearty soup and bread combination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Whenever I visit City Extra, whether at Circular Quay or Parramatta, I always have the minestrone or pumpkin soup with the freshly cooked multigrain role - yum! The rest of the menu is consistently of good quality, but the soup is my favourite :-)

Visited April 2013

59% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent location, very quick service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had dinner here before watching the Vivid Festival on a bleak, cold Saturday night in June. Was concerned by the queue of people before us, but everywhere around here was packed and with a line waiting, so we chose this one. Happily the line moved quite quickly and we were soon seated. The place was full and the staff were keep extremely busy, but we got menu's quite quickly and after ordering our meals they came out in a timely fashion. All the food was nice and even with the amount of people around us, we never got the feeling of being rushed out. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was enjoyable. Told them on the night how impressed I was with their service, now I am telling all you. Would happily return to this venue!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Good Value Snacks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great location, especially during Sydney Vivid. The service was swift and friendly despite the enormous number of diners. Main courses ($30+) were quite expensive for a casual restaurant. However the snacks ($18) were good value. The portions were generous and more than enough for a good meal. Wine was too expensive either. Recommended for a quick casual meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

One of the few places in Sydney that is open 24hrs. That alone i give 5 stars. Recommend the Shepherd's Pie. Had the chicken wings as well. Prices were reasonable and service was excellent!

Sydney
“Always a pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was meeting a friend here before a night out in the city. Staff knew I wanted a particular table outside and were very happy to let me loiter until it became unavailable. At no time did they endeavour to hurry up the diners at that particular table and, in fact, they were completely oblivious to the fact I was ready to pounce on it, till they started getting up and the waitress quickly put a reserved sign on the table!

We both had coffee which arrived promptly and was hot and strong enough. Too often coffee misses out in a busy food restaurant. Water was also promptly offered. I had the eggs florentine with a side of salmon and my friend had scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Both meals were substantial and I felt a reasonable price for the offering.

I have enjoyed City Extra over a number of years as it can always be relied on for a pre-theatre meal and equally, as we did on Sunday, have a leisurely brunch and people watch. I have used the entertainment book vouchers on a number of occasions and these are always accepted gracefully.

• Visited May 2013