“Brilliant service, amazing views!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney
5th Floor, Customs House | 31 Alfred Street Circular Quay, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 5,302 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Australian
Neighborhood: City Centre
Mandurah, Australia
“Brilliant service, amazing views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Fantastic! Thanks to the concierge at the InterContinental Sydney, we were lucky enough to be able to enjoy dinner on the last night of our 2 night stay in Sydney at Cafe Sydney. From the minute we arrived we were treated exceptionally well. The service, food and wine was outstanding...not to mention the views...amazing! We will definitely return.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucks, UK
“Great food, great location and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Cafe Sydney is a great place to go for lunch (suggest you book in advance and get a balcony table), never been for dinner.

Food was excellent quality, the Wagyu Scotch Fillet on the specials was one of the tastiest cuts of beef I have had, it was so tender yet very deep in flavour. The table shared a seafood platter which was very good quality as well which large plump prawns, scampi, bugs, oysters, crab and lobster. Yum yum.

The orange iced tea is worth a try as well, especially with added Hendricks Gin!

Our waiter was outstanding, very friendly but not over-familiar and just the right level of interaction with us. Thanks Adamar (sp?)

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view and delicious food - but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dined here once whilst in Sydney. It was a Wednesday evening and absolutely fully booked. We were given a table outside on the covered terrace overlooking the harbour which was beautiful. You are also provided with a blanket should you get chilly during your meal.

We had a lovely three course meal, with a bottle of Australian prosecco as well. The food was of a very high standard and delicious. The waiting staff were all friendly, helpful, and very attentive. The whole ambience of the restaurant is very relaxed and classy.

We did find the meal to be quite pricey - I would say this is is a good restaurant for a special occasion, taking into account the wonderful view.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Horrible service / Meh food / View only”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our hotel, Intercontinental, recommended this restaurant. At first attempt we were not able to get a table due to full house (didn't ask hotel to make reservations). We went the next night, after the BridgeClimb. We were disappointed with the service and meal. We were essentially ignored as waiters were falling all over themselves serving the couple seated at table next to us. We watched appetizers 'from the chef' and a flurry of servers. I asked about the 'chefs' appetizer and was told it was only for tables who had hotels book a reservation. I explained our hotel recommended, but we didn't request reservations as we didn't know when the climb would be over. He said we would not be offered the appetizer. Our food was dropped off. No one came to check on us or our meal. Actually no servers seen to be available to flag down. No water refills, no bread, no wine, no service. My husband liked his beef meal, but was still hungry after eaten. My fish dish was not good. When a busboy came by, I told him. The waiter came by and I told him. He just took my plate and never returned. My husband was not in the mood to deal with situation. He got up and told someone we wanted to go and was handed the bill. No desert was offered. I asked if the fish was on the bill. It was. Husband was so upset that he just wanted to go and I couldn't convince him to let me get a manager. I told the hostess we had a terrible experience as we were leaving and gave her our name and hotel. We never heard from anyone. $200 down the drain and we went to bed hungry. Disgraceful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Average food, great to take tourists, $$$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been here on three occasions now, I'm still yet to have a meal that is worth the extortionate pricing. Having said that if I had a client coming into town and wanted to impress them I would come here - just wouldn't want to spend my own money!! Service is very good though...

• Visited September 2013