“Had the ribs but I've had better.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of I'm Angus Steakhouse

I'm Angus Steakhouse
The Promenade, Cockle Bay Wharf | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
1300 989 989
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #634 of 5,486 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Dessert
Good for: Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Had the ribs but I've had better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our waitress was bubbly, prompt and magnificent! My co-diner enjoyed his medium rare immensely. My beef ribs were good but I have had better (a tad tough). Overall however, a great experience- thanks mostly to our lovely (tongue-pierced) waitress.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belfast
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We arrived here late one night as they were about to close and I was expecting to be turned away even though there were people still eating. The waiter found us a table and told us to take our time.
I ordered the Kangaroo steak and my wife ordered the Fillet steak. I found the food beautiful as did my wife and if we ever return to Sydney we would definitely return here for a meal.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Great Location, Nice Food, Service lacks a little bit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We took family here for their last night visiting us in Sydney. With good weather, it is a great place to sit and enjoy the view of the harbour.

As for the food, the steak was cooked perfectly. The salt and pepper squid was nice, and had a great passionfruit sauce (I think thats what it was) on the side.

The service wasn't anything great. It took us asking 3 times for them to bring waters. Our server cleared 3 out of 4 empty plates and walked away. We ordered a second bottle of wine, and she brought it to the table and left it, unopened. I suppose its just poor attention to detail. She did talk me out of the lamb, and into a steak which I throughly enjoyed.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Ok Steak; Service is nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Coming from Alberta, Canada (home of award winning Alberta beef) I am quite picky when it comes to my steaks and I found that the quality in both New Zealand & Australia does not measure up to that of home. That said, I did have a good steak at this establishment at rather exorbant prices, I spent about $50 on a nice steak plus a drink, the service was decent but considering the atmosphere, I was hoping for something with more effort.
The location is convenient on Darling Harbour

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
“Once again very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Once again I'm Angus produces great food and atmosphere. We had a reservation for Christmas Day and the restaurant was busy. But service was very good and the food was delivered promptly.
I had requested and outside table and it was reserved. The steaks are as good as ever. We come back to Sydney every two years and make a point of visiting I'm Angus.
The waiter was very friendly considering he was having to work on Christmas Day.
Once again very good.