“good find” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 5,099 Restaurants in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Brisbane, Australia
“good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

we stumbled upon this place while working down to Chinatown. We noticed it mainly because of amount of people waiting outside. It wa s busy & bustling but we only had to wait about 5 minutes at lunchtime. As previous reviews have said tables are very close together. We shared a number of dishes which were lovely especially the pad thai. Reasonably priced for a quick meal.

Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Newcastle
“Authentic spicy food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love Chat Thai in Campbell Street – an extensive menu of authentic, spicy food at very reasonable prices.

It's not a place for a leisurely meal in quiet surroundings, but is ideal for a quick, delicious feed.

On my most recent visit, we shared a pork skewer entree; green chicken curry (fantastic) and pork with greens plus a large rice.

It was a bargain at $52, including a Singha beer and wine corkage ($3 per person).

Visited March 2013
Kawhia,New Zealand
“Okay meal But cramped ambience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The meals were tasty and ok
But the dining area is very cramped
And not restful
My main had an unusual flavour and although I liked it there were taste aspects of it I didn't like.
My husbands prawns were good

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food surprising price and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Perfect for a pre theatre meal, the food is so fresh and full of real Thai flavours, we ordered 3 entrees and 3 mains, it was just right. Fish cakes, spring roll and chilli sausage were excellent. Keep going back to work your way through the menu. Service was attentive and quick, staff were very friendly and the restaurant buzz was brilliant. Get seat near the front kitchen to get some live entertainment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“Very dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Chat Thai is completely over-hyped in every aspect. I came with a group of my friends with high expectations and was very dissapointed at the end of it. The waitress we were assigned to had limited menu knowledge and was unfriendly and slow to take our orders. Only 5 minutes later after placing our order, one of my friends recieved her dish much before the rest of us. The dish was luke warm and nearly cold, so obviously the dish was waiting on the counter for somebody to order it. Between the rest of my friends all our meals came at different times. I don't know if this is one of their standards, but it doesn't make for a memorable dining experience espicially between a group of friends. And the food was simply ok.. I have had much better Thai in other restaurants where you don't have to wait 20 minutes for a table.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere