“Memorable taste” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fish Face

Fish Face
132 Darlinghurst Road, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia (Inner East)
9332 4803
Neighborhood: Inner East
London
“Memorable taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We found it through a recommendation in The Guardian. We expected a fish 'n' chip shop but it was so much better than that. Small, unfussy, friendly staff and the food was remarkable. I had Balmain Bugs which were fresh, tender, juicy and so beautifully flavoured. My companions both had the omelette with seafood and both raved about it. For dessert I tried the quince upside down cake and my mouth just came alive with the caramel with the odd flake of salt, which was so wonderful (I'm not a pudding person but I'd go back even just for that!). Not cheap, but then nothing in Sydney is. This is an excellent restaurant.

Visited April 2013

Sydney
“Little gem but a bit pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not your usual fish and chippery, they have a prawn and Asian greens omelette on the menu, but the food is fantastic. Fresh and beautifully cooked, there are always great specials and although the menu is not huge, I am always spoilt for choice. When you add sides to your order it can get a bit pricey but its worth it. I have taken friends from interstate and overseas here and they have all been impressed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“the best, ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

no better, anywhere. best fish n chips on the face of the planet. you can tell by the queues but well worth the wait

Visited March 2013
London
“Best Meal in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We used to eat regularly at Fish Face when we lived in Sydney over a decade ago and we were nervous our memories would be disappointed. Our fears were unjustified. Our party started with the very moreish prawn ravioli and revelleud in the main course of fish and chips. Each dish was actually an enormous platter of fresh fish clothed in a delectably light and delicious batter that you actually wanted to eat, rather than discard, aloft genuine hand cut chips with skins. This was the super model of fish and chips. Accompanied by a glass of WA semillion I could had died and gone to heaven. Our only regret was that we simply could not fit in their legendary custard tart.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Small, local color, good fish, expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a small and friendly establishment, with only a few tables, and cheerful staff. The food is expensive, particularly when you add sides to the mains ( which don't come with anything other than the fish).
Fortunately, you can bring your own good wine, which otherwise saves the normal premium . They do charge you drink your own wine, but I guess they provide the glasses and wash up . They have a limited range of inhouse wine you can drink otherwise.

I thought the food was very good, not enough in portion size for most men I wouldn't think, but it is expensive.

Actually, its more like a cafe if I were being honest, except that the food is better than you normally get in a cafe.

Its a change. For seafood lovers, they cook it well, and that is often hard to come by in some places.

• Visited April 2013