“Expensive and average” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Danks Street Depot - CLOSED

Danks Street Depot
1/2 Danks Street Waterloo, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (Inner South)
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner South
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive and average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have eaten at Danks St Depot many times when it was located in Danks Street. At the Sydney Airport location, I ordered a chicken toastie and a strawberry & banana smoothie which came to $25.00. Both were poor value for money, containing very little quality ingredients. Service was slow and on the whole I was pretty disappointed.

• Visited April 2014

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

average food
service nice polite
but tooooo slow kitchen

i will never go again there......................

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Norfolk Island
“Sydney Airport Danks St Depot, a disgrace to the brand”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The service was non-existent so we ordered at the counter. Over 15 minutes later we still did not have coffee while other later arrivals and take-away customers had been served. We should not have given this place a another try as last time the food was of poor quality and overpriced. Never again...

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bondi, New South Wales, Australia
“Great casual dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A great spot for brunch or lunch, innovative menu with delicious food. Fantastic coffee and excellent service.

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Airport Location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This review is for their airport location. This morning, after checking my partner in for his international flight, we decided to have one last coffee together before a 3 week separation. We realised it was table service so had a seat. After 12 minutes, the waitress still hadn't served us or even offered us a menu (despite serving other patrons who'd sat down after us) so I took matters into my own hands and went to the counter to order. I expressly told the girl at the counter that it was dining in for our (ridiculously overpriced) coffees and then pointed to where my partner was sitting so she would know where we were. 15 minutes later, the waitress approached us to see if we had ordered yet. My response was "yes, at the counter as we'd been waiting a while". 5 minutes after that having watched numerous patrons who'd ordered after us receive their food and coffee, we flagged the waitress down and asked her where our coffees were. I produced our receipt and she said "you ordered takeaway" so she wandered off to find our coffees, which had been sitting on a counter waiting to be 'taken away'. Who knows how long for. The server then came over and asked whether we had ordered through her.I responded the affirmative and reminded her that she had asked where we were seated. Her response was "you must have ordered a takeaway". When I insisted that that was not the case, she said it was my own fault for confusing her by ordering at the counter. Disappointing to say the least that there was not even an apology that we had been waiting for about 35 minutes for coffees. Sadly the coffees were extremely bitter and getting cold by the time we decided to take our coffees and walk off towards immigration. Not the best start for my partner's trip.

• Visited August 2013