“Yuk” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 5,322 Restaurants in Sydney
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Hours: Mon-Fri 6:30am-4pm, Sat 7:30am-3:30pm We are a Sydney-based roaster and have a cafe in Surry Hills that some lovely folks have gone so far as to call 'legendary'. Our coffee is responsibly sourced and for the most part responsibly consumed. We are driven. Which could have something to do with the amount of coffee we consume. We aim to inspire coffee passion and exploration, to raise the bar and have customers who don't mind that we're a touch nuts. Our quality standards are uncompromising. For all our joking around, we take the coffee, food and service seriously.
Sydney, Australia
“Yuk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Yukky food, went for breakfast and enjoyed the coffee but the food was terrible. Ordered bacon and eggs. The waitress said they cook the eggs slow poached which makes them runny. I thought it was just runny yolk but the egg was not cooked and was slop on a plate. The bacon was cured and felt ill eating it. Definitely would not recommend.

Bangkok
“Bland? The coffee not the beards.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Every time I walked past this place there were people lining up for coffee and I am not sure why as the coffee I tried was bland. Nice look though and great beards.

Visited August 2013
“Best. Coffee. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Even among espresso mad Sydney, Single Origin has cult status, and deservedly so. The long black is the best I've ever had. The food menu is simple, but original. The baristas are rock stars--friendly, charismatic, knowledgeable. They engage each customer in conversation about the coffee, small talk, and friendly banter. I started every day here. And most of my afternoons featured a stop at the takeaway counter.

Visited June 2013
DC
“Average coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A friend and I recently visited here do this is based on only two coffees made by the same barista. Basically arrived to get a take away and had to a couple of minutes to order while the barista ignored us to keep flirting with the only other customer waiting. The coffee was balanced but weak and too hot as you could taste the slightly burnt beans. For a place marketing its self with so many advanced brewing methods, the staff need a little less time polishing thier hipster pick up lines and more time getting the basics right. While I would try this place again, there are other better ones nearby that will continue to get my business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Good Coffee and Lamington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Knowing that coffee is a big thing is Sydney, I had to try as many coffee roasters as I could. I needed to also bring back a gift for my cousin, so coffee beans was the right choice. After researching online, I found Single Origin Roasters. It was near Bill's in Surry Hills, so it was perfect.

After having a late breakfast, we walked here. I ordered an out cup of the house origin blend and decided to buy a bag of the beans for my cousin. Also remembering from several online blogs that thought the lamington here was one the best, I also ordered one. I asked the barista to put sugar into my coffee, but he advised that I wait till it cools down, as the coffee gets sweeter.

Both the coffee and the lamington were superb. The coffee did get sweeter as it cooled down. The roast was a bit dark and the flavor pronounced. The lamington cake was moist and soft. From the cake, to the chocolate and coconut, everything melted in my mouth. I actually ate it at the beach, which some may say is a bad choice with all the fit bodies around. I didn't care, I'll pig out where I want to.

• Visited March 2013