“Well worth it for a special occasion.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Asian fusion
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle, Australia
“Well worth it for a special occasion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Food is simply incredible, service spot on and fabulous wines to go with it. We had waited and saved for a special occasion and could not fault anything. Seriously, the food is divine and the restaurant has a great atmosphere. Would happily eat here again, for another special occasion! You get the spectacular that you pay for.

• Visited January 2013

81% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Kalgoorlie, Australia
“3 Times perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have had the absolute pleasure of dining at Tetsuya'a on three occassions and each was as perfect as the other. I have dined in fine restaurants around the world and Tetsuya's remains easily my favourite. I dined at Jean-Geoge's in new York (3 michelin Stars) this month and that was outstanding but Tet's in Sydney still holds first place for me. It is the only restaurant of teh many that I have dined in where I can say that I truely remember what I ate, where I sat and who I was with. If fine dining is supposed to be an exquisite exeperience that one remembers then this restaurant fits the bill 100%.
I must comment on the service. the family of staff are passionate professionals that Tetsuyu has gathered around him over years. They are skilled and knowledgable and genuine experts in their field.
Every foodie should go at least once in their lives.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kiama, Australia
“Magical night at Tetsuyus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I had an unforgettable night at Tetsuyus for my 60th Birthday. From the moment we arrived the staff were faultless, profession and very caring, even going out of their way so my pregnant daughter could enjoy the food as much as the rest of us. Every course of the degustation menu was to die for, perfectly presented and surprised us with the amazing flavours. It was a night none of us will ever forget.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Second to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We shared an amazing night with wonderful friends, every course was amazing, the staff incredible and we were not rushed in any way. Even got to go to the kitchen and meet some of the chefs. Woudl def go back and highly recomend. 5 hours of pure tastebud joy.

• Visited August 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Not as good as you'd think”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Heard so much about this restaurant that we finally got a table. Food wise, some of the dishes were remarkable and outstanding, these were mainly the raw dishes. When they moved into the cooked items that's when the trouble started, the cooked dishes were average at best, with little or no innovation or element of surprise. The service was overly aloof and all the waiters seemed to lack personality and passion for the food. The pours for the wine were stingy and when they topped the glasses up, we were charged. Happy I was given the experience of eating here but will definitely not do it again.

Visited July 2013