“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 4,147 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Seafood, Asian fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Tetsuya's serves a ten course degustation menu. The degustation is unique, based on the Japanese philosophy of using natural seasonal flavours, enhanced by classic French technique and utilising the freshest possible ingredients. Tetsuya designed his own on-site "test kitchen" within the restaurant to enable him to create the constantly evolving and inspiring dishes on which he has built his esteemed international reputation. Tetsuya's offers one of Sydney's most comprehensive wine lists and our sommeliers will, upon request, match the dishes with wine available by the glass.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Adored it here. Not only was the food amazing, creative and exciting to eat - but our Sommelier was amazing.

We had the matching wines and he was attentive, friendly and even took us for a tour of the kitchens when we were getting a little bit giggly (after all that wine)

Obviously a very expensive experience, but I would DEFINITELY return.. I had such an enjoyable night, and we were definitely the liveliest people in the restaurant - to which we were encouraged!

I can't wait to return - and I really look forward to the changes in the menu for next season because it's just such an exciting place to visit for a foodie like me!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“Tetsuya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was on my bucket list of places to dine at. Good food and impressive environment. But it didnt wow me..perhaps i went to too high an expectation

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Highlight of a milestone birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What can I say? I've had the opportunity to done at tetsuya's twice so far in my lifetime and it has been definite highlights of my culinary experience. From the moment you step in, and are guided through the journey from freshly baked bread to palate cleaners through meats and desserts, time flies and you can't help but leave feeling a little bit spoilt and a little bit indulgent and definitely a lot more appreciative of quality ingredients, fine techniques and a like you've travelled further than Sydney's Chinatown. If I could make a tersuya's a trifecta, I would be one spoilt girl.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Degustation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Japanese ten-course degustation menu was world-class with matching service standards by the staff on hand. Worthwhile considering if trying to impress someone special!

Brisbane
“World Class !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spending the weekend in Sydney meant we HAD to do just one thing, No, not the Opera House, not the harbour cruise, not even the bridge walk ......................Yes! Tetsuya's!!

This, I believe, is the best restaurant in Sydney and would stand a chance of multiple Michelin stars, if they ever did a guide for Australia.

We were just wowed by the quality of everything about this fabulous place.

Sat where we were, we had a lovely view across the ornamental Japanese garden which instantly relaxes you, and just lets you know you are in for a special evening.

The waiter was so knowledgeable about the menu, and we ordered the degustation with wine accompaniment.
Every course was explained beautifully, and the chosen wines really went well with every course, no mistakes whatsoever.
The food was just sublime, every morsel beautifully crafted and presented, with tastes that were simply World class.

Overall .............. One of the very very few World class restaurants in Australia. Expensive? of course it is, however, the experience of such outstanding standards is worth every cent !

• Visited July 2012