“Bitterly disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Renaissance Cafe

La Renaissance Cafe
47 Argyle Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
61 2 9241 4878
Neighborhood: City Centre
Canberra, Australia
“Bitterly disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

After reading all the fantastic reviews on here this was one of the places I wanted to eat while visiting Sydney. Well, what a disappointment. Maybe we were unlucky, but the coffee we ordered here was terrible. So terrible that I had two sips and left the rest. The food was ok, nothing to rave about. Didn't sit well in my stomach. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing. Personally, I wouldn't bother coming here again. Found a much better coffee up the road the next day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Helensvale, Australia
“Worst coffee I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My friend really wanted to go here after reading all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We were bitterly disappointed and bitter is what we got with our coffee. We also felt sick after our 'pastries'. I had an almond croissant whilst my friend had a ham and cheese croissant. We spent the following two hours at our hotel room taking turns for the bathroom with our upset stomachs. After this we were AFRAID to eat at another cafe let alone purchase another coffee seeing we left La Renaissance without our coffees as we could not bring ourselves to finish them. Terrible!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Decadent desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Still the place for me to get my fix of salted caramel macarons! The desserts here are simply decadent.

Visited May 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best macarons in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If like me you miss french pastry on this side of the world then La Renaissance will make it up for you.

It is probably the best eclairs and macarons in Sydney, maybe even Australia.

Everything is of course way more expensive than in Europe but there is 16000 kilometers between the 2 continents.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious pastries, adorable courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I always make sure to stop at La Renaissance when I'm in Sydney because the food is excellent and the courtyard out the back is beautiful and peaceful (even when the front of store is hectic). They make a fantastic array of authentic patisserie classics (I'm partial to an almond croissant) as well as a range of baguettes and pies for lunch. If faced with the sweet vs savoury dilemma, go sweet.

• Visited April 2013