“Cute Place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 5,110 Restaurants in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian seafood restaurant located in one of the rocks historic buildings, where those in the know go!Open for lunch 12noon Monday- FridayDinner from 6pm 7 daysBlackboards with daily specials
Leland, North Carolina, United States
“Cute Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food was imaginative and flavorful and super fresh. Any fresher and it would have been swimming.
The location was a bit of a hike up Argyle Street, away from the typical tourist joints, but well worth the walk. Small place, seemed to be full of locals, so reservations are a must.
Recommended by the concierge at the Park Hyatt Hotel.

Visited February 2014

KESWICK
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I went for the early bird and arrived as they were opening at 6pm. Both of our meals were excellent. They were very accommodating i.e. choosing from the specials and early bird menus. We liked the idea of being able to take your own wine for a minimal corkage. By the time we left, it was full and I am not surprised.
When we return to Sydney, there is no doubt that we will return to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Should have spent my $$ elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Came here upon the recommendation of my hotel and unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I cannot recommend this restaurant. Was given a shoddy table right next to the kitchen entrance/where the stairs were so you can imagine the amount of traffic I had during my meal. This is despite having called to reserve a seat two days in advance. I wonder if it's because I was having a meal on my own (business traveller) and the restaurant felt solo diners should be treated shabbily? Well, imagine how I felt when the restaurant gave a couple who "walked-in" a nice table just next to the window. I shouldn't have bothered to make a reservation then.
On to the food, had half a dozen oysters for starters and they were dry. Yes, dry. Even the oysters served at my hotel were better, lots of liquid, sweet and fresh. No doubt these oysters were nice and plump looking, but the dryness were not palatable. One waiter said "they're that way" when I inquired. The manager noticed my discomfort and kudos for him to taking the initiative to look into my concerns. He came back with a fresh set but left with a snarky "Just so you know, these oysters are 9 hours (or km) away from Sydney." What was I supposed to make of that? An excuse? An explanation? It was lost on me.
My mains of pasta and seafood were just so-so.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zeist, The Netherlands
“Excellent small fish restaurant -do not miss this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a short stay in Sydney in the Rocks. Friendly staff, great service, great food, lovely specials and good value. We had two meals here and have no hesitation to recommend it. Great fresh fish, nicely presented and friendly staff, don't miss it!

Visited March 2014
Missouri
“Ok But Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The concierge at the Park Hyatt recommended this restaurant, he told us we could have the view in the circular quay or the food at Fish At The Rocks so we chose the food for this evening. The restaurant is very cute, the food wasn't great and the service was mediocre. Maybe I expected too much but would have preferred a view if the food and service weren't going to be good.

• Visited February 2014