“Cheap and cheerful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nine Dragons

Nine Dragons
39 Dixon St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Chinatown)
9211-3549
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Cheap and cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Taking a group of 20 was a relatively experience. Miouw on the street outdide the restaurant was ready to negotiate a deal. The service was quick and efficient and the food acceptable. While the quantity of food served wad not huge it was perfectly adequate. While the restaurant had little atmosphere it was in a handy location in Chinatown.

Try Nine Dragons if you want cheap and cheerful and are happy with average quality food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“No - I will not go back!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

In Sydney for business and at a loss for dinner and ravenous, I was conned by the spruiker and allowed myself to venture into Nine Dragons. I have to agree with other reviewers - the food is below par and so is the service. Wanting something spicy I chose a chicken curry. I have never seen such a bland boring looking meal as the one arriving at my table. I mentioned to the waiter that it was not an appetising looking meal and I received a grunt and he walked off. The meal consisted of a little chicken and a whole lot of onion and approximately six peas and a few small pieces of carrot. As for the woman behind the counter collecting the money....she was obviously having a bad, bad day................ will I return......NO WAY!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Selkirk, United Kingdom
“Worst meal out in 30 years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were taking our daughter out for a birthday meal while on our visit to Australia. WE chose this restaurant at random as our daughter is vegan and the choice of dishes seemed to match her needs. While the starters were edible the main courses were not! what appeared was a gelatinous, tasteless goo on our plates for both the chicken and the beef dishes. the vegetable dish was no better! when I complained the aggressive female member of staff claimed I could not cancel my order "just because I didn't like it"! I explained it was a food quality issue but despite my efforts we were offered a 10% reduction only. I reluctantly paid due to her threatening manner and we left! in our 30 years of eating out we have never had such an awful meal or experience. Yes, and the service leaves a lot to be desired. I hasten to add this is no reflection on the rest of our dining experiences in Australia or our holiday which were wonderful.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Food is Terrible! Service is Terrible!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I honestly had the worst oriental dinner ever. I only came here because of a tour group.There's probably heaps of places in Chinatown as well as other parts of Sydney I'd rather go to for better oriental food. I mean, the fish was soggy, too much soy sauce in the fish, sweet and sour pork was not crispy at all. Even the sauce for the sweet and sour pork was horrible! I will never ever come back to Nine Dragons!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Average food, what service??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

So many restaurants to choose from in china town, I can't help be disappointed that we chose the wrong one.
It took 20 minutes for anyone to address us after initially seating us. Our entree and one of the main meals came out before our first round of drinks, and the second main that we ordered never arrived! The wait staff were scurrying like crazy crabs and seemed to overlook our table of two for the larger groups. The food tasted slightly bland, but was more impressive than the lack of service. Won't go back