“Dining by the Harbour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wolfie's Grill

Wolfie's Grill
17-21 Circular Quay West | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
1300 115 116
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,560 of 5,199 restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Wolfies invites you to dine on a wide array of Australia's famous prime grain fed beef and local seafood prepared in our Chargrill kitchen. Our Executive Chef's philosophy is quite simply to produce the most premium quality beef and to lightly season and char grill it to the customers specification whilst allowing true flavour and texture to be appreciated.A favourite with tourists, Wolfies has a vibrant yet relaxed atmosphere. Great food, superb wine and friendly staff combined with views over the iconic Sydney Harbour and Opera House, makes for a perfect experience for anyone at any time of year
Brisbane, Australia
“Dining by the Harbour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great food - their take on 'reef & beef' was spectacular. I had one of their 'speciality' pizzas, which could have done with a little more flavour. We got a smack in the chops though as my wife ordered the 'house' champagne which should have been $13/glass, but it seems they decided to plough her with Moet & Chandon at $25/glass. Make sure the waiters/waitresses understand your order. In my opinion though, there is no better place to sit for views whilst still being part of the action.

Visited July 2013
ChrisD101, Manager at Wolfie's Grill, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you for your recent review on the 22nd July.

I am so please to hear that you enjoyed your meal and dining experience recently. The chefs use a wonderful cut of grain fed beef tenderloin on our 'reef and beef' dish with great Queensland tiger prawns, and is one of our most popular dishes. I am disappointed to hear that the special pizza was not as flavoursome & would appreciate to know which pizza this was so that I can look into this further.

I have also spoken to the managers in regards to the misunderstanding of an order for our house sparkling wine and Champagne to ensure that this error does not occur again.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and should you wish to add further detail in regards to the pizza, please e-mail me on michelle.christensen@docksidegroup.com.au.

Yours Sincerely,

52% Recommend
“Worst experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on our first day in Sydney. What a disappointment! Service was completely lacking, no personality. Had to ask twice just for water and our bill. Paid over $30 each for awful, undercooked pasta that was swimming in sea water...the best part was the sparkling water (when it finally arrived).

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ChrisD101, Manager at Wolfie's Grill, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
On behalf of the Restaurant team, and the Management of Wolfies thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experiences at our restaurant.

We are very sorry that the experience you had at our restaurant wasn’t the top-quality one we strive to create for the thousands of guests we host each year.

The lack of personality and efficiency you experienced from our staff, mentioned in your review represents a strict contravene to our training and expectations. We take this breech very seriously and are working on raising the standard of service provided by our staff to meet our requirements.

I have also forwarded your comments to our Head Chef in regards to the meal that you were served.

Dockside Group has been in the business of managing restaurants since 1986; our dedication to hospitality is taken exceptionally seriously. If you would like to discuss the matter further with me, please phone on 1300 115 116 or email restaurantreservations@docksidegroup.com.au.

Yours Sincerely,

Restaurant Reservations Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
“Disappointing experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Visited here on a Saturday evening mainly due to being a tourist and wanting a nice view of the Sydney Opera House. Seated outside and it was actually freezing - asked for a heater to be placed close to me but they advised they couldn't. Really enjoyed the food - seafood tasting plate and prawns for entrée, barramundi and pizza for mains but boy it is RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED - $186 for 2 people with no desserts and 2 drinks each. The fact that they've got such a good view and the food is awesome is so disappointing as the service is so lack lustre and it's got such a "push them out quick" vibe it's awful and the view and food are quickly forgotten about. Won't be back in a hurry.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A terrible disappointment! Worst service in a very long time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We attended Sydney's Vivid light show and as we passed by my girlfriend was attracted to this restaurants as they offered Gluten free pizza options.

The front service desk was unorganized and not overly attentive, 3 service and not a smile from anyone.
We were showed to a table which was cold (mide of winter with no heating options) and in the corner. We asked the moved as we were not happy with our seating position and could see many more available seats. We were relocated to warmer seating but told that there would be a long wait for service as their "best" waiter had a big table in his area and would have to attend them first. We agreed to stay as we didn't want to move back to the previous area.

When we got service which wasn't too long of a wait we proceeded to ask questions about the menu and then raised our waiter awareness to my partners many food allergies.

We ordered our food and my partner or entree ordered broccoli but questioned the waiter whether it would be safe based on her allergies and he said he would check with the kitchen... When it was delivered to our table by another waiter my girlfriend asked the new waiter why it was just plain broccoli he said because that what you ordered and then left the table so quickly that we couldn't even talk to him... This was not what we ordered so we got the attention of the "best" waiter and questioned him. My partner said my broccoli was delivered plain, he said "yes"... Perhaps some explanation should have been given, we eventually sorted this out and broccoli as per the menu was brought back and it was delicious. This was the first of many hard conversations that we had with the waiter.

The mains which were the pizza took over 45 mins to get to our table and the restaurant was almost closed.

What should have been a pleasant evening of entertainment and delicious dining was turned into a negative story which will be told over and over again.

AVOID this at all costs, save yourself time, money and breath!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ChrisD101, Manager at Wolfie's Grill, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback written on the 24th June 2013
On Behalf of the Restaurant team, and Management of Waterfront, I am very sorry for the experience you had at Wolfies.
I do appreciate the fact that you have taken time, effort and energy into putting these points across.
As a business we strive to offer a high level of food and service and I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive this.
I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant management team & General Manager to look into and take actions to prevent the experience you had happening again.
If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me on 1300 115 116.
Yours Sincerely

Restaurant Reservations Manager
“Terribly terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Terrible food. I got better steak at Half the price in Wagga Wagga. Very very disappointing. Salty steak terrible food.

• Visited June 2013