“A very special treat.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quay Restaurant

Quay Restaurant
Upper Level, Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay West, The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
61 2 9251 5600
Neighborhood: City Centre
Waigani, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
“A very special treat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my surprise for mine and my husband's first anniversary. In October, he started to try to get a reservation for January and was only able to get a reservation through American Express Concierge.

We had the tasting menu. Everything was so tasty and perfectly presented. The Line caught iki jime Tasmanian Squid was the stand out favorite of the night. I'm not a big seafood person so I was apprehensive, but it tasted nothing like I thought it would. It tasted like a wonderful garlic pasta dish. It was so good. Make sure you go hungry. We were so full but wouldn't let any of the wonderful food go to waste.

It was bad luck that a cruise ship was parked the entire length of our dinner. Luckily they had sat us in at a table that faced the Sydney Harbor Bridge though. If I had been at one of the tables that was meant for views of Opera House, I would have been very angry. The service was amazing. Not something you always get, even at high-end restaurants, in AUS.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
wagga
“Very high expectations - slightly disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had been looking forward to my trip to Quay for months and was slightly disappointed

The good ;
The service - perfectly pitched to us, not wanky or over the top ( although I'm sue they can do that too)
The setting - need I say more
The strawberry guava snow egg - the most sublime thing I have ever eaten - deserves the fame

The not so good ;
The food - disappointing - style over substance
The price - excessive even taking all the above into account

Next time I will give one of the other three hatters a go

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Old Bar, Australia
“Spectacular Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My son and now daughter-in-law chose the Green Room at Quay restaurant for their wedding reception. The entire evening could not have been more perfect. The view was amazing with the back drop to the wedding party being Sydney Opera House with Vivid Sydney lights. The meal was amazing with each course complementing the last. The staff were exceptional! Every guest commented on how knowledgeable the staff were in regards to the food and wine served. Our table is already organizing a return to Quay, so we can experience their tasting menu. Truly THE MOST AMAZING restaurant I have eaten in. Perfect in every way.

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm Sweden
“Modern gourmet style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent for corporate entertainment, great location in the harbour overlooking the opera house. Very good and professional service. This is a modern take on many classic ingredients, done together to create special flavour experiences. Go here if you are looking for something different and a modern gourmet experience. Dont go he if you are looking for a steak and a simple bottle of red. Expensive? Yes but what restaurants of this sort isnt?

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A big tick on the bucket list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

"Wow" An unforgetable experience. With Vivid Sydney on as well, just added to an amazing evening. We were given a "gift" voucher by my husbands daughter, what a gift. The table was booked for the day after my birthday. We chose the tasting menu, accompanied by the classic wines, what a tantalising tastebud explosion, This is a must do if you are a foodie, or even if your not. Lovely atmosphere, great view of the Opera house, wonderful company, & exquisite food.

• Visited May 2013