“Comfortable & chic with a killer view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manta Restaurant

Manta Restaurant
6 Cowper Wharf Road | Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia (City East)
61 2 9332 3822
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #457 of 5,194 restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City East
Woodland Hills, CA
“Comfortable & chic with a killer view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great place to have drinks or Sunday brunch - right on Cowper wharf. Very cool, open and fun. Killer bloody marys. Very comfortable seating and great food. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2013

71% Recommend
Sydney
“Good but not memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

On Cowper Wharf, nice outlook over the private marina. I was a little disappointed that all the restaurants along the wharf looked and felt exactly the same. Had dinner here on a Saturday night. I found service to be very good, there were plenty of staff at the time, and all of them were helpful and friendly.

The children were welcome and we were given a table with easy access to take the kids outside if they became noisy.

The food was very good. The downside for me was this did not feel like anything special ... the prices are high, which we expected, but we did not leave the restaurant thinking we would come back again in the future.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
las vegas
“Not the best in Sydney”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant, located on Cowpers Wharf in Woolloomooloo was extraordinarily expensive for the quality of service (slow........) and food (average). This is somewhat of a touristy area. We were interested in crayfish(lobster) and were quoted a price of $195.00(AUD). Come on. The service level was absolutely too laid back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Greeat food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After a week of rain followed by an average meal at Billy Kwong's, I was overjoyed to have one of the best meals out I've ever had. Amazing raw tasting starter (mixture of 3 starters - john dory, scallop and something else ceviche/tartare), my wife had scallops, equally good. Followed this by trout cooked perfectly with a crab risotto - best fish dish I've ever eaten. Great wine. Very attentative and knowledgeable Portuguese waiter who kindly explained the dishes in extra detail upon request - especially the truffle chips (aka fries) which we bought to accompany my wife's steak - I will be making these at home when I eventually get around to buying some fresh truffle one day. Pudding was extraordinary too - the best souffle I've tasted although I have always been disappointed with these in the past - I now know that they can taste as good as the cookery programmes make out. Not cheap but great value in my opinion compared to some "top end" restaurant I've visited in the past. Highly recommend. Glad I ignored some of the reviews on here - don't go if you want a cheap meal but if you want a special night out definitely do go.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai
“Excellent but really expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very pleasant restaurant in Woolloomooloo. They have an interesting selection of oysters with were very knowledgeably described by our waiter so we opted for a small selection. We then ordered fillet steak which was cooked to perfection and served with a rocket salad washed down with a bottle of Wairu. We then ordered a cheese taste with a couple of glasses of Graggy Syrah. Overall an excellent meal but at A$309 I thought far too expensive.

• Visited January 2013