“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zilver (formerly Silver Spring)

Zilver (formerly Silver Spring)
Level 1, 477 Pitt Street (Cnr Hay St), Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Inner West)
(02) 9211 2232
Neighborhood: Inner West
Singapore
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We are tourist from Singapore. We bought the AUD19 Dim Sum for 2 Groupon voucher to try since their reviews seems good.

It was rather disappointing. I would say their dimsum was nothing like those from Hong Kong. I found a rubber band in my plate of vegetable too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Not as the name says”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went to this groupon deal for yum cha, the food was yuck and in my opinion it was unhygenic too. Added more food then the deal offered and still Yukk never again

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Top choice for yumcha in the CBD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Broad selection for food but it might be not your every week meal,since it's kinda pricey
Also the staffs speak only basic english,so mandarin or cantonese knowledge are advised

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Love the yumcha and the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love this place for yum cha, this is one of my most favorite yum cha place in Sydney.

Try to go there early on the weekends to avoid the crowd. You could wait for up to 1-2 hours on the weekend if you arrive after 1pm.

The service is better than most yum cha place (no flying bowls over your head), and they are always very busy. I felt like I'm in a battle every time we go there.

You have to pay a visit to Zilver if you're in to Yum Cha!

Tips: If you like durian, you have to order durian custard pie, it is really good and I don't think other yum cha places offer it. It is a desert pastry, and can be found in the pasty cart.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bowral, Australia
“Very Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a reservation with a Groupon voucher for the 6 course Peking Duck which we were really looking forward to however we found the restaurant to be disappointing. The carpets needed a good clean and I didn't like the look of the live fish tanks. The first 2 courses of dim sims were fine. However the Peking duck pancakes were floury and not very pleasant to eat nor did they have much flavour despite the small amount of sauce in each pancake. The sang choy bow was quite nice although you were only given 1 small lettuce leaf each leaving a lot left over to eat with a spoon. I was also very surprised that you have to pay for take away containers for any leftovers and while it isn't a huge sum it's the first restaurant I've ever been to that actually charges for this service. We were a little out of place as the only non-Asian patrons which is normally a good sign when looking for a good Chinese restaurant. Nevertheless it didn't really live up to some of the review standards that this restaurant has received in the past leaving us hoping that perhaps we got them on an off night.

Visited August 2013