“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Loved every minute great value for a restaurant of this quality. Would highly recomend and will be back.

Visited January 2012

“Somewhat disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Assiette was recommended to me by a trusted friend and I am very disappointed to report that there my overall experience was much less than I had hoped for.

Presentation of food was stunning, flavours were tasty (on par with most one chef hatted restaurant) however the lack of service really tested the overall fine dining experience. Whilst noting it was a full house that evening, the waitress appeared to have "forgotten" about us throughout the evening and she had quite a frosty attitude. I'm not suggesting there to be "butterflies and unicorns" but for the type of restaurant that it is, service is key! What was most off putting was hearing our waitress complain about diners after they had left the restaurant! (restaurant forgot to charge for the wine which disgruntled diner)

If you are after a fine dining experience with a nice setting, I would suggest you go elsewhere. Assiette is very loud and rammed with tables at full capacity.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Really pleased with service and taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went to this restaurant for my birthday and it was truly a night to remember!

Assiette certainly delivered one of the best dining experiences for us. The degustation worked wonderfully, since they gradually gave us dishes that were getting better and better through the course of the night. The last meal of the day was fantastic and the dessert was noticeably big and delivered quite a range of fantastic taste.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“A bit overrated...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The restaurant was a bit small, noisy and the setting had no particular ambiance to it which was a bit disappointing for its 'raving status'. Staff was effective but I wouldn't say they posed any more than standard level of service.
We ordered degustation which was quite nice but I would've expected more out of a chef's hat restaurant. It was nice, but definitely not worth the price and not worth the experience.
They had turned on the air con during our meal so we asked them to turn it down because we were getting very cold. Then a lady used a padded stick to push the vent away from us - at this time, I saw how dusty the vent was, I feel sorry for the table underneath it, just imaging how much dusty just went onto their places.
Overall, disappointed at the meal and atmosphere. Was expecting a bit more attention to the food and quality of service. But seriously not worth it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Stunning Food for Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It's not always one can recommend a restaurant in Sydney, but this is one of the best meals I have had in 10 years - French influence too, which Sydney lacks. Staff most attentive and very pleasing atmosphere with white tablecloths. Congratulations to staff who cooked many beautiful dishes

Visited March 2012