“The Total Package'” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“The Total Package'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking to celebrate our 2 year anniversary with dinner and a show. Instead we had our fabulous dinner AT the show. The food was an amazing marriage of traditional flavours, playfulness and excitement all served up on a plate. We were among the first group to sample the inspired new autumn menu and we were definitely not disappointed! The show itself was fascinating, a mix of strength, wonder, beauty, humour and a little bit of sexy thrown in made a fun night for us and all the other guests there too. Would love to go again when El Circo Blanc hits the stage (and the plate). Absolutely Awesome Experience! ;-)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kristy b, Marketing/Events Assistant at Slide Lounge, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi Ellie,

Thanks so much for leaving a review, apologies for the delayed response. I've passed on your very kind words to the staff, chef and performers.
I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed the overall production, especially the Autumn menu we had.
Good news El' Circo has hit the stage now if you haven't already popped in to see it. El' Circo takes guests to a time of Parisian Caberet, Burlesque and circus delights to be paired with a 9 course de-gustation menu not for the faint hearted.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response , and hope to see you again in the future.

Geelong, Australia
“Husband's 60th Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a great experience...The MC for the evening was Verushka Darling (a very glamorous woman)..who did a wonderful job. We enjoyed a fabulous show which included magic, pole dancing, trapeze acts, contortion and burlesque acts which were done very tastefully and involved some audience participation.
The 9 course quirky degustation menu has to be experienced as it is like nothing we have ever experienced before, it was served in between each act.
A great night out and a fantastic experience not to be missed....

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for leaving a review. I apologies for the delayed response Joe, we must have been stuck in the 1920's at our Gin Mill Social event. We are happy to hear that you both had a fantastic night celebrating your husbands 60th Birthday. I've passed on your kind words to Verushka and the Slide team. I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed the overall production and made it through our delicious 9 course de-gustation menu.

Sydney, Australia
“Great Show and Unique Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been to Slide Bar Twice, both were for Hen's Nights.

The First Hen's night was on the private Mezzanine level, which has it's own bar and the food is cocktail, which was good. You get a great view of the shows and you can mingle around more.

The Second Hen's night was on the main floor, which you are seated and get served a 9 course degustation. The course and fun and unique and defiantly worth a laugh. Some courses I loved, others not so much but the overall experience was great.

What makes this place is what fail the host and the shows they are great entertainment and once the meal is over the place turns into a nightclub vibe and you can dance on the flashing stage etc. with great old school 70's disco and 80s hits.

This place is great for a Hen's Night and gets you in the mood to continue your party well after midnight elsewhere. (They close at 12.00am).

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Daniela,

Thanks so much for leaving a review. Apologies for my late response, we must have been stuck partying in the 1920's at our Gin Mill Social. We love to hear that you returned to Slide for a second time and for another hens!

I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed the overall production. I've passed on your kind words to the staff, chef and performers.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response , and hope to see you again in the future to share some more dance moves with us after the show.

San Diego, California
“El Circo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were taken here by a very good friend to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was a fabulous show and the food was amazing. I think we had somewhere from 7- 9 courses, they did blur together in memory. It's hard to say which was better the food or the entertainment. They worked together so well it was seamless. The show is a mixture of burlesque and Cirque de Solaire. It's not for children but it is not raunchy or in bad taste. Some of the acts were better than others but none were terrible and some where truly amazing. It is very hard to describe and I venture to say there is not much like it anywhere else in the world. Our waitress, Bella was amazing! Attentive, funny and efficient. We had a table on the main floor near the stage with great views of all the acts. There is a mezzanine level and I cannot say what there experience was.
The food was creative and tasty. I remember lobster bisque, pork belly ( stunning) and meat and chicken cupcakes. Yep! And they were delicious. We drank a lot of wine and some of the courses have blurred in my memory but I do remember eating everything and it was very, very good.
I would recommend this for any special occasion. Great for travelers from overseas and from other states. A little edgy but not over the top....just perfect really. I can find no fault with this club at all.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Aussieches,

Thanks so much for leaving a review. Apologies for the late response as we must have been stuck partying in the 1920's at our Gin Mill Social!

I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your 60th Birthday and the overall production, your close friend has good taste introducing to Slide! I've passed on your kind words to the staff, chef and performers.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response , and hope to see you again in the future when you are next in Sydney, Australia.

Sydney, Australia
“New fashioned cabaret, good food, wine and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Slide is an expensively renovated ex bank branch complete with serious vault in the heart of Sydney's gay area. The decor is decadent, the staff are dressed decadent but the service is far from that but the biggest surprise is the food. Given they cater for big tables of people out for work, birthdays or just a good time the food is great and the wine selection is just as good. The show now on runs to May. You've got the usual but seriously good transvestite MC, a really talented combination circus and vaudeville group and its just a great night

Visited December 2012
Hi Connolly47,

Thanks so much for leaving a review. Apologies for the very late response, we must have been stuck partying at our Gin Mill Social! I'm so thrilled to see you enjoyed the overall production. I know it has been a while since you reviewed us and we love for our guests to return for another night of entertainment! Our current shows are El' Circo, Risque Revue and The Gin Mill Social to mention a few.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response, and hope to see you again in the future.