“"A Good Meal at a Moderate Cost"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zia Pina Pizzeria

Zia Pina Pizzeria
93 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (City Centre)
9247-2255
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,265 of 5,306 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
South Australia
“"A Good Meal at a Moderate Cost"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Whenever we visit Sydney this Restaurant is on our list of places to dine. It is reliably consistent and staff members must be extremely fit as they quickly clamber up steep stairs in the course of delivering sundry meals to patrons. The meals are very enjoyable and at a moderate cost.

Visited June 2013

“Without a doubt the worst dining experience I've ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a way to spend our anniversary. We tried this place because it looked busy and mistakenly thought that if a lot of folks liked it, it should be good. Boy were we wrong.

The wait for a table wasn't too bad. Maybe 30 minutes at most. Once we got to our table, the nightmare began. From the time we were seated and given water until the time we received our drink order (soft drinks, nothing more) was about 15 minutes. It was so ridiculous that it had become kind of a joke with my wife and me, so I started watching my watch.

After receiving our drinks, it was about another 25 minutes before our disinterested waiter, who had passed our table dozens of times, finally stopped to take our order.

Again, the orders were simple. Spaghetti with red sauce is all we wanted. Thinking that it would take forever, I checked my watch again when he walked away. 45 minutes passed until we were served - or even noticed. By then both our soft drinks and water glasses had long since been empty.

Our spaghetti was served in bowls seemingly half full with a rise colored water that clearly had not been drained well at all. The sauce mixed in with the residual water, making what was basically like a spaghetti soup. Immensely disappointing.

Again, when we finished, the wait resumed to get our check. Another 20 minutes after we had finished eating, our mysterious waiter reappeared, delivered the check, and for the only time that night, acted fairly quickly in running our card.

This is the only time in my life I left no tip. It was that bad.

I will never go back here again, and would recommend AGAINST it to anyone I know.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“First Time Back in 5 Years, Still Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly thin, crispy crust. Nice atmosphere in a great location walking distance from the CBD and Circular Quay.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Avoid this place....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

....like the plague! If what this restaurant serves is what authentic Italian food is, then its an insult to Italian food. Period! Upon being seated I noticed that the table wasn't cleaned. I mentioned this to the waiter and he just shrugged and said "Sorry mate, we can't clean it, that's the last table we got tonight, take it or leave it" I mean, seriously? I ordered the Agnolotti and its the worst I've ever tasted. It was lukewarm, saltless and appeared that the chef had just pulled the ravioli out of the refrigerator and in a hurry concocted something that would be a total insult to agnolotti. Avoid these fools and spend your hard earned $$$ elsewhere. The manner in which the waiters treat customers is appalling and despicable. Like someone else had mentioned, they laugh right in your face when you place the order and when you want to clarify something on the menu, they either feign ignorance or just don't want to be bothered with these questions. Anyway, long story short, there are several other options available in the area and truly these people don't deserve to be in the business.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sydney
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We all had one of the nicest meals and service for a long while the pasta dishes were delicious and would thoroughly recommend this restaurant for service and food and very reasonably priced for the location would definately go back again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere