“Something Different” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Honiara, Solomon Islands
“Something Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I make a bee-line for this restaurant every time I am in Sydney. The food is divine - try the Popcorn Shrimp and the Pistachio icecream. The service is always top notch and the ambience friendly and inviting. Not to be missed.

• Visited May 2013

Scottburgh, South Africa
“Truly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived a little early, just before 7 and the restaurant was a third full and we were taken in by the ambiance and the really appealing music in the background, so we were hapy to have a few drinks and wait for the remainder of our party to arrive. By this time the place was full and buzzing. The food was totally amazing. Good food is usually stunning in its simplicity and their dishes are just that, stuuningly simple, great taste, aromas and flavours with nothing overpowering and nothing bland. Just mouthwatering excellence!

Everyone of our 4 mains were totally different and each of us would have been happy with any of the others choices. In fact we tasted each others food with pleasant abandon. The large portion of cous cous was enough to share between 3 hungry folks and was delectbly light, fluffy and flavoursome. I've been cooking cous cous for a while and never got mine quite a light and good as this.

Then there are the deserts; totally unusual and one has quite a time making choices. However I defy anyone who likes chocolate to bypass their deep dark chocolate cake with hot chocolate sauce. Its not too rich, not too heavy and each mouthful sends you to heaven only to come crashing down to earth when the plate is empty. Sadly I'm a tourist in Sydney so not here too often. I love exploring new eating places, but this one is one I need to return to. Not just for its food, but for its unpretentious ambiance and appeal and ability to make one relax and enjoy getting together with good friends and family.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Vanilla Bean Cake with Creme Anglaise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went to this restaurant when we were there in 1996. It was a five star restaurant then!
I'm wondering if they still make this yummy dessert! Does anyone know?
Also, can anyone tell me if they have a website. I haven't been able to find one on the Internet.

Thanks,
Martha in Boston, MA

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Just keeps on getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have started dining at Radio Cairo more and more frequently. A place to catch up with friends and family or to take visitors to when they are in town. The food is always of exceptional quality with new dishes added periodically. Never had one that I haven't enjoyed yet.
There are some interesting and entertaining staff members which add to the enjoyment of the meal. With its own little bar this place is a great one to pop into for a drink before the movies or to sit down over a leisurely meal. Not a quiet little spot, this restaurant has a vibe and energy all of its own. The service is excellent.
Love the sosaties and prawn pop-corn and the spare ribs are succulent and tender. Great desserts and an excellent wine and beer list.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Even better than it used to be years ago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a funny little restaurant with a bias to cous cous. I remember when it first opened years ago it was the newest crazy type of restaurant for people to go to who were in the early stages of their romantic affair. If i start an affair, i'll come back here again as well. Good food, average value, with quirky staff as I recall

Visited December 2012