“Great food & service .... What a combination!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food & service .... What a combination!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

On our recent trip to Sydney, a client took us for dinner here, naming it as one of his personal favorites. I could soon see why! From the moment we walked in, the wait staff could not do enough for us. The food was fantastic & of course, the Company was perfect! Highly recommend!!,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

sydney
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I travelled in northern Itatly in the summer and ate the most wonderful seafood, I thought eating at Portofino - an Italian eatery on Norton St Italy - might be a similar experience. Sadly not. The grilled octopus was tasteless, covered in a not very nice sauce and so unlike the delicious fresh grilled octopus I'd eaten in Italy. My partner's grilled calamari looked more tasty but it turned out that he was pretty unimpressed too! Also no chips, salad on his plate, just calamari. Everything else extra! Did I mention the price - way overpriced for what we got. So it's a big not recommend from us. The staff are sweet though.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Good service, but food is not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Portofino had been recommndended to me by a friend and I was looking forward to my meal there. The service was good, if a little too much in-your-face, but the food was disappointing. I had stuffed zucchini flower to start, which was OK. My raviloi main course was very disappointing - it was way too oily and the ravioli was overpowered by the accompanying sauce. But the biggest disappointment came with dessert. I am a big fan of tiramisu - a very simple, classic Italian dessert that you would think is impossible to get wrong. The Portofino veirsion is awful - it is over-elaborate, served with a strawberry frosted with white chocolate and the coffee flavour is completely overpowered by a cloying fruit coulis. What are they thinking? Compared to the simple, fresh flavours served up by Fratelli Fresh, Portofino just cannot compete.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere