“Great place to have a late night drink” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #609 of 5,099 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located within the Grace Hotel complex on the corner of King & York Streets P.J.O'Brien's offers a taste of Ireland in the heart of the CBD. The warm glow of the open fire and traditional Irish music drowning out the hustle and bustle of city life. As daylight fades the 'craic' begins, settle in with a creamy pint of Guinness or one of our many beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen offers a variety of savoury Irish dishes, pizza and contemporary pub meals. Let the friendly staff at P.J.O'Brien's make your day or night an occasion to remember, come in, kick back and discover the 'craic' that P.J.O'Brien's is famous for
Sydney
“Great place to have a late night drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great atmosphere but a bit expensive, however it is in the middle of the city so one must expect that

Visited September 2012

Sydney
“Great Irish Pub with terrific atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Get here early if you plan to visit on a weekend as this Pub is very popular and understandably so! Wonderful ambiance, tasty and generous meals and friendly staff.

Visited September 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Irish pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visited on a Sunday night and they had an Irish band. It was great and we thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours there. The atmosphere was very convivial and all the staff were lovely, friendly and efficient. We enjoyed it so much that we went back again on the Monday night with our family,to have a meal. Once again,it was very good. Thoroughly recommend a visit or two!

Visited August 2012
Australia
“Nice Irish pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nice food, reasonable prices, the place was buzzing on Friday night...which is always a good sign. Drinks aren't overpriced, and we got a table upstairs without any hassle

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Awfull experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Firstly let me say I am Irish and I eat In similar Restaurants all the time. I also was a waitress so no snobbery here.

The girl behind the bar was so insulting.

She was incredibly rude to me but I really don't think she even relies how inappropriate she was being. She was not impressed when I asked for no salad with my food. The request was met with a smart comment and a look of disgust.

I Forgot to take my table number so she walked over (while talking on her mobile) did not say any thing to us but slammed the number on to the table. On a side note it was filthy.

She said F**K at least six time, I was only there for 30 min max.

If she was still in Ireland she would not have the job as no pub owner would allow her inside the door. She obviously does not give a crap and is just giving other Irish ppl a bad name. She is a disgrace and I feel forthe owner who obviously has no idea what is going on. Service like this could run the business into the ground.

Shame as the food was good and my partner really enjoyed his

• Visited August 2012