“Great Vegan and Vegetarian Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Chu's Vegetarian Kitchen

Mother Chu's Vegetarian Kitchen
367 Pitt St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Chinatown)
9283-2828
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #826 of 5,305 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
WOODEND
“Great Vegan and Vegetarian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fresh and delicious menu the only problem was there were too many choices we had to go back the next day to try something else, Take away menu was great because then we could eat in the botanical gardens located only 2 blocks away. Very well priced around 16-17 per main

Visited January 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“So many options so little time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The menu at Mother Chu's is extensive with so many dishes and ingredients that I had never heard of. But rest assured fellow vegetarians it is 100% veggie and 110% delicious. One thing to note is that they don't serve alcohol and you can't take your own. Nonetheless I can reccomend the place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Spicy(chilly) eggplant dish was a killer this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is my 2nd review on Mother Chu's Vegetraian Kitchen. I hadn't been back to this restaurant for some time. My boss and I had lunch here recently and thanks to my boss, I got to try a dish I had never had before. It was an egg plant dish and it was really yummy. It was spicy (it was a sichuan style, I think) but extremely tasty. I had it with a bowl of boiled brown rice and I have to say it was one of the best dishes I'd had for quite some time.
I am very happy that I have found a fantastic dish, which gives me an excuse to frequent Mother Chu's....

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Port Richey, Florida
“Vegan in Sydney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had lots of choices of Thai food while in Syndney, but we were looking for vegan and found
Mother Chu's, funky little place with Mother Chu anchoring a table in the Dining Room, food was great, family atmosphere not at all "touristy" lots of locals out for family dining, would definitely go back if we ever get the oppurtunity to return to Sydney.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Ok but not brilliant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I asked the waitress for a dish that have a variety of the mock meats but she said they do them all separately. So i ordered the tempeh dish - which was ok but nothing special. This with rice and Jasmine tea was $22+. So would go back if i was in the area but wouldn't make it a must do.

• Visited June 2012