“Quirky but elegant restaurant with excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney
“Quirky but elegant restaurant with excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great restaurant but not in the city, it is a couple of suburbs out in a quaint neighbourhood known as Rozelle.

Great selection of vegetarian and vegan food ranging from Indian curries to Italian pasta dishes. Good serving sizes with restaurant (not cafe) quality presentation and flavours.

Small restaurant in a quiet street. Licensed or BYO.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Adelaide, Australia
“Very tasty... and I'm a meat eater!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to the Harvest with my partner who is a vegetarian to even things up (we tend to go where I have more choice). The food was fantastic and I didn't miss not having meat! I had mushroom ravioli to start then risotto as a main. My partner had goat's cheese roulade to start and gnocchi as a main. We also had puddings; i had truffles and she had sticky date pudding. All the dishes were excellent and it was a novel experience for my partner to get to try my food! I've given the service 3 star but it was more like 3 and a half - this has nothing to do with the personnel, they were very attentive and did a great job, it relates to cutlery weirdly... the starter came with a lovely orange and basil sauce but I didn't have a spoon so couldn't get much of the sauce with the pasta and I didn't have a fork with my pudding so couldn't get much of the lovely chocolate sauce with my truffles and my partner couldn't get the cake and sauce together. I know this is trivial as I could have asked for the cutlery, but the place was so busy so it was very difficult to get the staff's attention so I gave up. I minor let down on a lovely night out though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Great food and cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a very hard time deciding what to order as it all looked so good. And I enjoyed my meal so much, I purchased their cookbook!

Visited March 2013
“Lovely valentine's day meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner has been here half-a-dozen times in recent years and rates it very highly, so we booked to have Valentine's Day dinner here.
It was a reduced menu compared to normal, but nonetheless plenty of options. I had the feta in filo pastry, gnocci with lemon and garlic sauce, and the chocolate terrine. All three were delicious and very fresh. My partner had the aubergine stack for her main and i had a spot of food-envy as the sauce on it was sublime!
We arrived early and got seated and served promptly. After an hour or so the place was rammed and the two people serving were visibly rushed off their feet. Maybe a third person serving would have been a good idea for a busy night like valentine's?
Harvest is tucked away nicely from any main streets which is great as there is lots of free parking nearby, and it's nice and quiet there.
We'll definitely be back one day :-)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“shocker”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is probably the worst restaurant I have ever been to. We were kept waiting over 2 hours for our meals and were not offered any bread or drinks during this time. The waitstaff disappeared so it was difficult for us to get an ETA for our food. The meals when they arrived were bland and stodgy (and anyway, it was so late, we just weren't hungry any more).

• Visited February 2012