“My first time being hit by a restaurant owner” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“My first time being hit by a restaurant owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

This restaurant has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. On the night of Saturday 15th October, I made a reservation to redeem a Jump On It voucher I had bought. When I spoke to the girl on the phone I mentioned that I had a voucher but I didn't have a printer, but I'd bring a copy of the voucher to show on my iPhone screen so they'd know I had bought one. I've done that several times with restaurant vouchers when I go on weekends and don't have access to the printer at work, and if you tell them beforehand they are okay with it. The girl on the phone said that was fine. When I arrived, the same girl (or so I assume, because she had an accent) informed me that the restaurant owner said he would not redeem it because there was no physical copy. I reminded her that we'd made arrangements for that and showed her the electronic copy on my phone, which had the voucher number and my name. She went back to explain to the owner, and then two men then came over and, without even a "hello" started shouting that me and my friend leave. We said no, and shouted back that we had a booking and a voucher.

They then grabbed us by the arms and tried to drag us out. Not taking kindly to having two angry men put their hands on me, I resisted. So did my friend - we were furious and ready to have a loud argument at this terrible customer service. One of the men then put his hands around my friend's throat. I was shocked and slapped him, demanding that he take his hands off us. He then slapped me back across the face - did I mention that I'm a small girl and he was a rather large man? And that he did this in front of everyone else in the restaurant? I can't imagine his other customers were too impressed by their behaviour.

I called the police afterward and they said that because he was the owner he had a right to put his hands on me because I refused to leave and that apparently I started it by slapping him (what about the hands-on-throat thing, that seems like "starting it" to me), so they couldn't take the matter further. They suggested I contact Consumer Affairs about the matter of the voucher, but basically they couldn't do anything.

Later that night I researched the restaurant's reviews and found a lot of pretty negative ones about the poor level of service. I quite agree, but after what I experienced, I don't think the other reviews took it far enough.

• Visited October 2011

61% Recommend
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Wish I had gone next door”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

So many staff, so little customers. Not hard to see why, once we had come inside... The pasta portions were tiny, and the pizza slightly burnt. Staff were indifferent and unaccommodating, stood around doing nothing and looking bored and also smashed a glass on the ground. Forgot part of our order and when reminded they were unapologetic. Hot drinks were like warm, frothed milk was lumpy and sloppy. The hot chocolate tasted watery. Come here if you like spending money to feel sick

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I am afraid this was the worst dining experience we have ever had. I would stay well away from this establishment. It also looked like it needed a good clean. The staff were astoundingly rude, so much so that we had no appetite at all for dinner! The only redeeming feature is that there are many excellent restaurants very near by. Sorry Danny!

• Visited June 2011