“Badde Manors-bad being the only word to describe this place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,407 of 5,322 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
sydney
“Badde Manors-bad being the only word to describe this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Badde Manors is one cafe to avoid in Sydney, if your in glebe do not go here, instead go across the road to clipper cafe one of the best places in Sydney that I've had iced coffee and brunch. The service in Badde Manors was not good, especially the barista who was rude to customers and to his fellow staff. I saw various cockroaches around the cafe and even saw one waitress squat one on her shoulder, which put me off my food to say the least. The atmosphere is frantic and the staff are keen to push you out the door. Although the menu is quite extensive, the food is pretty tasteless. I really wouldn't recommend and won't be going back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Average all round”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food, service, ambience and coffee here is good at best. It's an ok spot to grab a quick meal, but the quality is not as good as similarly priced cafes in the same neighbourhood. The staff seem to all be students that have no interest in being there, though we did get our food and coffee really quickly on the second visit we made there. I'd head to Clipper Cafe or The Wedge Espresso instead of here.

Visited May 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I visit Badde Manors regularly after I've had a dinner in the city. I like the small unassuming atmosphere. Though the chairs and tables are cramped, and we often have to wait, it's often forgotten over the charm of the cafe. There are a cool selection of teas- lemongrass and mint, lemongrass and just green are my faves. The cheese and cherry strudel is great. There's also a good selection of cakes.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A must for vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had brunch at Badde Manors on a Sunday morning. Though it was busy there were a few tables free. They have odd wooden seats that are quite small though so don't bring many bags/things with you as there's nowhere to put them and little leg room! The menu is full of many vegetarian options and is reasonably priced. The service was helpful and attentive without being over the top. I got the mediterranean breakfast which was huge and I couldn't finish it! We really liked this place and would go back.

Visited September 2012
Bridgeport, CT
“A Glebe landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Mention Glebe to people who know the area, and they invariably mention Badde Manors. Cute, funky little coffee house, yummy brekkies, fun to people-watch.

Visited July 2012