“Couldn't fault Diamant Hotel Sydney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels

You added Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels to your Saves list
Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Kings Cross Road | Potts Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   |
Ranked #43 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney Central
“Couldn't fault Diamant Hotel Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I really thought the service from the girl at check in was extremely friendly and genuine. She really made me feel welcome and I must admit the upgrade without asking was a real bonus. I doubt that happens all the time, but it was a real nice gesture which I really appreciated.

When I walked into the room, I was really impressed with the facilities and the bed was super comfortable! Mini bar prices were reasonable which you don't always get from other hotels.

Overall, I'll definitely be back! Extremely happy :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

DiamantHotelSyd, Front Office Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear James A

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Diamant Hotel Sydney. As a member of such a young hotel chain, it is always pleasing to hear our staff and the Hotel as a whole are making our guests happy and meeting, if not exceeding their expectations.
We greatly appreciate your feedback, and thank you again.

Diamant Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Thai first
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I can not fault the staff and service in this hotel, they are a credit to the chain and far better than I have recieved at many 5 star hotels, thank you. Beautiful linen on a very comfortable bed made for a comfortable nights sleep in a great location in amongst restaurants and bars. The room was still quiet with no noise noticed and cleaned well each day. I would suggest the rooms and bathrooms are showing general wear and tear, if these things were attended to I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: I had booked two rooms with the 'Darlinghurst Deal' which was good value. If you were planni...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Billie Jean,

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Diamant Hotel Sydney. As a member of such a young hotel chain, it is always pleasing to hear our staff and hotel facilities are making our guests happy and providing an enjoyable experience.
I note your comments regarding the wear and tear in the bathrooms, and hope this did not reduce the comfort of your stay too much. Thank you though for bringing this to our attention, we will organise some revamping in the rooms to limit the presence of general wear and tear.
We greatly appreciate your feedback, and thank you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I'd highly recommend Diamant to anyone looking to stay in Sydney city or inner east. It's ideally located and the rooms are new and well appointed. Probably the best feature is the beds - which are one of the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel. The pillows are big and fluffy and the matresses are soft but supportive at the same time. The on-site parking is also handy if you have a rental car. Highly recommend the Diamant.

• Stayed August 2012
8Hotels, Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear nathanielcraig,
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your feedback on your previous stay. Only through comments from our guests’ first hand experiences, can we gage which areas in need of improvement to maintain the five star standards we strive to uphold on a daily basis.
We do apologise for the inconvenience for the left over rubbish from previous guests. This is simply not acceptable and we are shocked that this happened at all! We have asked our Housekeeping Manager to increase her daily inspections of the rooms to avoid such things occurring in the future.
And secondly we apologise for the disappointment seeing the empty bottle of champagne on your courtyard! How very upsetting indeed!!
We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope the above matters did not hinder your stay too much!
Diamant Hotel Sydney.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, hip and awesome location. Excellent swift service on arrival. Stayed in a suite and it's very stylish. 2 TVs. Large bathroom. Great city views. Easy access to city centre and lots of cafes in the area with fantastic coffee and food. Try Jimmy Liks in Victoria St for Asian food (best in Sydney) and the best cocktails. Def recommend the hotel for city stays.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Bizz1961

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I was delighted to read that found our location convenient, staff helpful and had the opportunity to enjoy our luxurious suite overlooking the magnificent city views of Sydney.
It was also a pleasure to read that you had the chance to experience one of the many great restaurants we are surrounded by in Potts Point.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, i will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Diamant Sydney twice, and the service has been phenomenal. They have gone above and beyond to provide me with the best service possible. The hotel itself is quite clean and tidy. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose the suite's..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Well appointed and clean and tidy - superficially looks good. I stayed in Room 604 and although very cold winters night the room was overheated and difficult to turn down. I was very impressed by the luxurious bedding, with soon bit me on the proverbial. By the next day after a fitful nights sleep I was covered in either flea bites or bed bug bites. I received a feedback email from the hotel and advised them immediately via reply; have yet to hear a word from management.

Wouldn't stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear CarmGMG,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Sydney. My deepest apologies for the less than perfect experience you received whilst staying with us, since receiving your feedback we have thoroughly checked the entire hotel and the problem is isolated to that one room which has been quarantined and treated.

Unfortunately worldwide there has been an increase in this type of insect not only within hotels but also in most public areas such as public transport including planes, and movie theatres. Due to this all major companies/hoteliers have taken on higher levels of preventative materials to help minimise any risk of such an incident, as we too have done here at the Diamant Hotel Sydney. Such measures include mattress/bed base encasements, barriers and quarterly professional routine inspections throughout the whole property to prevent any sort of insects, not just this particular type. Therefore it is extremely disappointing to read that you have experienced a bite such as this.

As a boutique hotel we strive to make our guests’ stay as comfortable as possible to ensure a warm and unique experience. Our team is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer service and therefore guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

Once again, we sincerely apologise about this misfortunate situation and hope we can welcome you back in the future to make it a positive experience, which is something that our hotel prides itself on.

Warm Regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I wasn't too sure what to think when I was booked in to a hotel at Kings Cross, but I need not worry.

The staff were all pleasant, very helpful with questions and so on. The hotel itself seems either refurbished or brand new, with the rooms being very modern, Plasma TVs, very cool.

The location is good if you like Kings X, otherwise, jump in a cab and you'll be where you want in no time. I have to add, the Japanese Restaurant across the road is excellent, and Breakfast is superb (also across the road).

I had no problems with late check out and had free WIFI which is always good for contacting home.

I stayed there with friends and one thing I remember is walking along the corridor in my bare feet, sinking into the carpet, lush.

I'd definitely be back.

Room Tip: I only had a room facing the front, so can't comment.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
DiamantHotelSyd, Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear John B,

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you ended up enjoying our local area as well.
We understand that in the past, Kings Cross has built a certain reputation, however more recently the growing reputation is that of a thriving cosmopolitan hub with plenty of great restaurants and bars - by the sound of it you experienced this first hand!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best,
The Diamant Team

Been to Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels? Share your experiences!