“Fantastic location, well priced and excellent customer service. A gem in the heart of Sydney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels

You added Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels to your Saves list
Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Kings Cross Road | Potts Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   |
Ranked #43 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I'm originally from Sydney, now living in Los Angeles. I haven't been home in some time but recently made the trip down under for my brother's surprise 40th birtday party. I decided to book a week at the Diamant Hotel in Potts Point primarily for the location - it really doesn't get much better - close to the city, Paddington & Darlinghurst, a short walk to the harbor foreshore (Rushcutters Bay) and 2 mins from Kings Cross train station and major bus routes. I actually used to live in Potts Point so am familiar with everything that part of town has to offer - aside from its central location, Potts Point (and neighboring Darlinghurst) has an army of cute coffee shops, restaurants, bars and shops.. a great place to base yourself in Sydney.. and that's coming from a local. So for roughly $200 a night, including a balcony/terrace I figured 'how bad could it be'. Well let me tell you, it wasn't bad at all, in fact it was downright GREAT! The Diamant Hotels boast a 'luxury boutique' hotel experience and that's pretty much what you get. The rooms are clean, modern and well sized. They include all the necessary ammenities - VERY COMFY BED, bath, shower, FREE internet and cable TV (these are the musts for me at least). The balcony is more a like a patio (huge) replete with outdoor furniture and most days I found myself sitting out there enjoying beautiful Sydney 'end of summer' weather. Not all the rooms have an outdoor area, but if you're willing to spend a bit extra its well worth it. The staff were super friendly and very accomodating. I can honestly say I enjoyed my stay there and will be on the look out for other Diamant Hotels (and other 8 Hotels for that matter) in my future travels. Look, if you want to be a typical tourist and spend fortunes on some generic big brand name hotels (Hyatt, Hilton) downtown then go for it, but if you want a more authentic Sydney experience, staying at a very cool, very hip and amazingly located hotel then look no further then the Diamant Hotel Potts Point.

Room Tip: Try get room with outdoor area.. you'll use it I promise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DiamantHotelSyd, Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Dan U

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Diamant Hotel Sydney. As a member of such a young hotel chain, it is always pleasing to hear we are making our guests as happy and as comfortable as possible.

We greatly appreciate your feedback, and thank you again.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

The Diamant Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Thai first
Marrakech, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights and can not give more than 2 stars
first because of the price, when you charged more than 180 $ , you expected more
The safe didnt work, the TV didnt work , i asked 2 times ti get shower gel etc..
You have to pay for internet
They provide a very bad service for laundry and expansive. I did complain many times about my jacket and every times i have to explain my case receptionist who did not get any information about an unhappy client. ( my jacket was fixed and sent to me to Melbourne) for this i gave them 2 stars and not one .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Taftaf,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel.
I must apologise on behalf of the team for the unpleasant experiences you were faced with during your stay. Whilst we do feel that our rates are generally great value, based on the service you experienced we certainly understand how this value was not perceived in this particular case. I am glad we were able to sort out the issue with your dry cleaning, however the other issues mentioned, whilst seem easy to solve, do not sound like they were handled correctly. For this I offer my sincerest apologies.
We offer complimentary internet throughout the hotel, and have done for several months now, and again I am sorry this was not explained to you.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future, at which time I am sure we will be able to show you a vast improvement from your previous stay.

houten
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel is situated at the top of William Street and Kings Cross in the throbbing heart of Sydney's entertainment and nightlife area. Also 3 minutes from the Hop-on Hop-Off bus and the Metro, which is very convenient.
Quality/price is good and the rooms are clean and nice. A good place to stay when you are visiting Sydney!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Linette D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Stay for 8 days and loved every minute
Fitness First passes were a great bonus we left fitter than when we arrived
The dsk staff were great and were always friendly and helpful even with our weirder requests
The local area was great for us with just the cosmopolitan atmosphere we love
We would go back in a flash

• Stayed March 2012
DiamantHotelSyd, Manager at Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Allancsn,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review The Diamant Hotel Sydney. We pride ourselves on our location and staff, and it is great to hear that we have lived up to expectations.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mt Eliza, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The booking of the hotel was an easy process and when we cancelled a couple of nights there was no fee or drama. The check in and check out process was efficient. I chose the courtyard room and thank goodness I did as it would have felt very enclosed otherwise I imagine. The courtyard was spacious but very sparcley furnished, the views quite good.
The room was fine though I felt a little worn and the surfaces looked as though they needed a good wipe down. The bathroom looked as though it needed a very good scrub down particulary between the grout and there were toothpaste splats on the wall. The bathroom amenities were also a bit shabby even the creme looked as though it had been topped up not replaced. Overall it was okay and I gather reasonably priced for Sydney standards

Room Tip: Courtyard room slightly more but worth it for the space.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Georgie L

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us.
It is great to see you enjoyed yourself here, though I do apologise that the condition of the furnishings was not quite up to standard. We have established several maintenance schedules to not only bring the furniture back to correct condition, but also keep it that way once completed.
I would very much like to welcome you back again soon to show you the improvements!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

It's never a good sign when you have to wait 15 minutes for someone to arrive on reception to check you in and so our experience of the Diamant hotel started.

We selected the hotel mainly based on the location as many of our friends live in the Potts Point area and the location is probably the only redeeming factor about this hotel.

The first room we checked into smelt of mould and had a view of a brick wall so we asked to be moved. Thankfully the new room didn't smell and had some natural sunlight coming in.

The hallways smelt really bad and you could tell they'd tried to cover the smell up by spraying lots of air freshener. It didn't work.

As you can see by the photos that I've uploaded, the hotel is badly in need of a refurbishment - the curtains were coming off the rails, the shower was mouldy and the TV looked like it was fitted by amateurs. Worst of all the smoke detector was missing - in it's place was just the bracket where the smoke detector should have been attached.

So, if you want a good location in Sydney but don't mind bad service, small smelly rooms or have any concerns about smoke/fire hazards then this probably the hotel for you!!

If you check out my other reviews you will see I tend to give fair and balanced reviews - if a hotel is great I will say so but if it's bad then I will also say so!!!

In other words, until this hotel has had a complete refurb, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryanpa_UK,

Thank you very much for your review on the Diamant Hotel Sydney.
It is disappointing to read that your stay was not up to standards, though your particular points have certainly highlighted some areas in need of improvement.

We have since revised our maintenance program, and have allocated significant time towards restoring and maintaining the fixtures and fittings - including the curtains and Televisions.
It is concerning to say the least to see the smoke detector was missing, and whilst we do have permanent smoke alarms and centralised sprinkler systems in each room, it is an issue that the maintenance department have been made aware of, and have since rectified.

Once again, I apologise for the poor experience though would very much enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back again in order to show the improvements we have made as a result of your feedback.

The Diamant Team
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Recently stayed at the Diamant Hotel for the weekend (Feb 18th/19th) with some friends to celebrated my 21st birthday.
Out of all the Hotels in the Kings Cross and Darlinghurst district, I am so glad we choose this hotel.
From making our reservation thru to check out Ashley was always of great assistance. Ashley gave us 2 fantastic rooms (401 & 402) with amazing views of the city (as requested), gave us a late check out of 12:00pm, sugested some great restaurants and even sent a letter to wish me a Happy 21st (nice personal touch!). Nothing seemed too small when we asked Ashley. Thank you!!

Pro's:
- Fantastic location.
- Friendly, helpful staff.
- Very modern decor!
- Amazing beds.

Con's:
- None!

Room Tip: Room with view of the city is a little loud at night (if your a light sleeper [like myself]), but ha...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TroyA1991,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Diamant Hotel Sydney.
It is always great to get feedback, and Ashley was particularly pleased when she read your comments.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.

The Diamant Team

Been to Diamant Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels? Share your experiences!