“Excellant Apartment in a fabulous location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
TripAdvisor Autumn Offer!
Ranked #98 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
bristol uk
“Excellant Apartment in a fabulous location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We, family of 4, stayed in a 2 bed 2 bathroom apartment. We could not have asked for anything better. The location is about 5 minutes walk from the harbourside and close to public transport. The apartment was very clean and functional. 2 good sized bedrooms and 2 baths 1 with laundry facilities. The housekeeping staff replaced the consumables on a daily basis. It was an interesting conversion of industrial premises that we thought really worked - no noise issues for us. Good leisure facilities ( indoor pool/jacuzzi). Helpful reception staff. If I were to return to Sydney I would stay there. We booked via hotels.com and got a really great deal on the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Thai first
Newcastle Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

pool and spa was shut down. there was an evacuation due to pipe issues.

I asked the front desk when this would be restored. Informed by staff later today or at latest ready for use tomorrow. I then asked to avoid dressing for the pool and coming down again that if it wasn't fixed could they please let me know before we come down dressed again ready for the pool.
Foxtel facility was not working. So I call reception and asked. Waited for 1 hour no one came. We sat in the room for 1 hour with no attendance or call from the front desk. We left and returned after 4 hours. Still nothing fixed. I called reception and asked AGAIN they told me they would send someone. NO ONE came.

The following morning got dressed and went down to the pool area as no one had informed us otherwise, ONLY to find out it was still not working, we were told the spa was working so we showered in the change room to only find out that the heating was still not working so now wet and cold we dried off in the sauna and we went to the reception area. When I asked if the messages had been relayed about notifying us if the repairs weren’t finished, they had said no, and informed that it would not be repaired until the following day.
Explaining the issues of the foxtel AGAIN they said they would send someone up. Waited again and still no maintenance. We were then forced to spend the entire trip staying outdoors in the cold weather. We had bought no jackets as we were not planning to go out much.

We left , no apology no foxtel, no explanation.

The national standard of a 4 star hotel should be reviewed by the management at the Oaks Apartments of Darling Habour.
I travel often to Sydney and have never encountered such lack of standards in a 4 star hotel before.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Gosford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

I paid nearly $500 for one night (5 people) to stay here as it had been recommended to me. We arrived and parked at the Harbourside carpark as there is no parking at the Motel (recommeded by the Goldsborough themselves on the back of their confirmation letter) We took our bags and booked in. Upon returning to our car we found the window smashed and some items taken. I went over and spoke to the Manager at the Motel who could care less, she happily told me that they had changed to Harbourside carpark as the "other one was worse". We even had a visit from the police who were routinely checking the car park because there were SO MANY BREAK INS. While I understand that its not the Golds borough that broke into my car, there complete lack of care and understanding shocked me. I sent emails to both Car Park and Oaks Management and only received a response from the car park people. $500 accomodation, $500 to get the windscreen replaced and $35 for the car park. Did not get a sorry or free voucher or even a response from Oaks, the room was average to say the least. It was the worst service I have had excepting Oaks Pacific Blue Salamander Bay where they were more rude, SHAME ON U OAKS......
Just stayed at Ridges Port Macquarie, the staff were great and good rooms.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

The location is great, as it is a 5 minute walk to Darling Harbour. We had a one bedroom apartment with a fold out couch in the living room. I was travelling with my husband and his mom. The building is very old. We did have a view of the city which was very nice. The bedroom was located next to the door and there was a window to the hallway. The hallway in the hotel that connects all the rooms is open concept....I mean to every level of the building. If a pin drops on the 3rd floor, you can hear it on the 8th. In the grand scheme of things, it suited our needs, as it had all the amenities and a good location. If you're looking to stay here, just bring earplugs...other than that, I felt safe and the apartments were clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

People be warned...DO NOT stay here .......we travel continually for work and know what we're talking about and this is THE MOST UNHELPFUL RECEPTION EVER! We over heard many other guests with problems also.....stay away!

• Stayed April 2010
adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

booked after viewing photos which looked good despite poor reviews. The room on level 1 had not been refurbished in 20 years, the view was of a tree and the interior of the hotel is like a prison. We went back to reception via the slowest ever lifts and the harried staff listened to our complaint and gave us another room. We should have then realised it was not be good as the staff member advised us to leave our bags at reception. We were back within 10 minutes as that room was just as bad - it would have been 2 mintues but for the lift. Then followed 3 days or arguing to get a refund on the basis that they did not supply what was promised. Only calls to the manager's mobile when he was off duty (they foolishly gave us his number) prompted action. never again!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
NSW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We got to the hotel, after 10min of trying to figure out how to get past this massive car park to our visible hotel. I was then in a line of four other families waiting to be served by one man at reception. As i was served we were told that my credit card was not accepted for the $200 bond, so my partner stated he would use his eftpos debit card. They then stated that eftpos was not available at the hotel and would I be able to use another credit card. When i stated no, I only have one, they then requested that i could use a friends or relatives and they would send them a credit card authorisation form. I stated that this was totally out of the question, we would just pay with cash. The man at reception then stated that they do not accept cash bonds (however i could not find this on their website at all). He then spoke to his manager and stated they will be able to accept a cash bond but rudely reiterated how "strict" they were on the house rules. As i took the cash out of my wallet i realised i was $10 short. Instead of waving the $10 for a hour, as we would have gone out for dinner and gotten extra cash out then, he told my partner to run to a atm 10minutes from the hotel. I was also told that if i lost the COPY of the receipt i would forfeit the $200, even though the hotel had there own copy. After finally getting up to our 4 star studio apartment, we became even more unhapppy. The bathroom was tiny and had a washing machine and dryer squished into it to make it even more smaller. Shower was grimey. Our view was of a ridiculous brown 7 storey carpark, not of darling harbour or the Sydney skyline stated on the website. We couldnt even see the sky from our balcony. Elevator was frustrating as it we would stop numerous times on levels higher or lower to us before letting us off at the level we requested, literally would be in the elevator for 5 minutes picking people up, although it was already full before it would go to the requested level. Stayed in much nicer places the same distance to darling harbour for the same amount of money. Would not recommend to ANYONE!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments? Share your experiences!