My partner and I stayed at the Goldsborough in August last year for 3 nights.
I would return to this hotel again as it was very reasonably priced, clean, fairly modern, with good facilities, easy to access most tourist attractions and had lots of useful shops in the hotel.
When we arrived I assumed we had been taken to the wrong place as there was no harbour in site and we were in the shadow of various levels of freeway!!(See the Photos we took later) Fortunately we never heard any noise from the freeway during our stay.
We booked the room through ---- and made a special request as we would be arriving at 7.00am and required early check in. Upon arrival the reception staff knew nothing about this and said that the room would not be ready until 12 .....we finally checked in at 1.30pm!
The swimming pool area and gym were just as the pictures show...very nice and clean. The apartment was also very clean and very spacious. We were lucky to be on the 7th floor because if you were much lower you may have a view of a freeway or car park as you would not be high enough to see over them!
Darling harbour was only a short walk away. There was a bridge that connected the hotel to the car park across the road with access to a monorail station. This was really useful; the monorail trains were very regular and ran on a small circuit. They provided convenient access to oz trek tower area and it was only 15 min walk to the Harbour Bridge or opera house.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, offer central Sydney accommodation in an architecturally renovated historic landmark building. Situated in the hub of Darling Harbour and combining the charm and elegance of the 1800’s, with all the modern amenities for your business or leisure stay.With a magnificent neo-classical facade, original tallow wood floors and exposed ironbark columns featured throughout the hotel, as well as views from many of the rooms over the skyline of Sydney and one of its major attractions, Darling Harbour, Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments stands out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.