“Amazing views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #35 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Sydney
Auckland
“Amazing views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at oaks in Brisbane a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday due to the great service.

For our trip to Sydney we planned to stay with them again as it was close to darling harbour and we knew the company was great from our last stay.

Upon check in we were upgraded to a harbour view apartment which exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and well laid out.

The staff at the reception and concierge desk were very helpful throughout our stay, especially Pippa. She helped us throughout our stay with places to go and what to see, as we had never been to Sydney before.

I would recommend this place to anyone who is staying in Sydney especially for a longer period of time as the apartment had a full kitchen as well as a washing machine and drier within the apartment.

Although we were upgraded to a harbour view apartment, I would recommend booking one of these rooms as the view were spectacular, and was definitely one of the highlights of our trip

• Stayed June 2014
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you feel welcome. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and thank Philippa for her efforts and customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

personal was very helpfull, very big appartment with good lateste equipment, everything u have in kitchen to cook. good maintained appartement with every facilities, opposite darling harbour was excellent view, right opposite hotel was metro station and hopon hopoff bus. just walking distance to harbour for reastaurants, bars, Imax theatre etc. very near to supermarkets. we were lucky to have free upgrade. Only 30 mint wifi that was not enough. we will recomend to others to go to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor for harbour view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the service and facilities convenient for your needs. I am also happy that the staff were able to offer you an upgrade and that you enjoyed your apartment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the Oaks Goldsbrough for 4 nights. On reading some of the prior trip advisor reviews about this accommodation, I was a little apprehensive however after staying here for 4 nights I really cannot identify with many of the negative comments made by prior guest. Yes, the entrance to the rooms is quite unusual a very old and open space but this is totally understandable given this is a protected/heritage type building. Despite its age, I was incredibly and pleasantly surprised at how big, modern and clean the apartment space is. It is a credit to the hotel the way they have maintained the apartments and mingled the 'old' outside decor with the new. I stayed in a studio apartment which had a large kitchen and living area (open plan), containing a massive flat screen TV, a large stereo, a very large bed and bathroom with washer and dryer. Essentially, everything you need. They even supply sachets of washing powder! In terms of location, you can exit the lift on the 2nd floor to bring you out onto a walkway that leads into harbour side shopping centre & darling harbour. About 5 minutes walk. You walk through a car park for some of it but nothing to be concerned about as this is largely an open space and safe - there's even 2 coffee shops as you make your way to the exit for the walkway onto the car park! Harbourside shopping centre has a huge food hall so plenty there to eat if you don't want to cook in the apartment! Overall, I highly recommend these apartments for their size, location and cleanliness. You need to pay for wi-fi (about $18 a day) but this is competitive to some hotel/apartment wifi pricing around Sydney. You get complimentary 30mins of wifi a day if you don't wish to purchase a daily package. There's also free wifi access in the coffee shop downstairs!

Last but certainly not least, my unfortunate personal experience….when I arrived at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments late Saturday night, I had just come off a very long haul flight (in excess of 25 hours travel time in total) - I had severe back pain which didn't make for a pleasant arrival. I resorted to sleeping it off that night in the hope that all would be better the next morning. However, I woke up with excruciating pain in my lower back and I couldn't move. Long story short, I had to call an out-of-hours doctor to come to the hotel. By the time he arrived I was in a bad state and in severe pain. As I was travelling alone and felt quite vulnerable in so much pain and discomfort, I called reception and asked if they could send somebody up to my room to assist me until the doctor arrived. They were reluctant at first as naturally, it was an unusual request and they didn't have enough staff on to be able to assign somebody to my room. I was very upset as I was in so much pain. In the end, the management were kind enough to send two members of their housekeeping team to me. I cannot state enough how kind and caring these two girls were - their names were Linn and Susan. I will never ever forget their kindness to me and all they did for me to help me recover. As I couldn't move, they assisted me to the bathroom, they brought food to the apartment for me, they helped 'cushion' my back while I lay in bed, they placed all vital items close to me on my bedside locker (water, bananas, telephone, medication, phone charger etc.) so I wouldn't have to over exert myself looking for them. They stayed with me until after the doctor had left (the doctor gave me a strong pain relieving injection and prescription for medication). Linn and Susan arranged to get my prescription at a local pharmacy, they gave me food with my medication and soon after I fell asleep. The next two days, they visited me twice to check in on me and see if I needed anything and told me to contact them directly if I needed any help. While I was up and moving by day 3, I was totally overwhelmed at how nice Linn and Susan were and for two people who started out being strangers to me I will always consider them close friends for all they have done. It is truly people like this that add immense value to the services within apartments/hotels and I really hope management treat these staff members well because they are well deserving. The morning I was checking out of the hotel, Susan was on her day off and yet she so kindly arrived at my room to bring my bags downstairs and had a car waiting outside to bring me onto my next accommodation. She accompanied all the way until I checked into my room at the next hotel. As I said, kindness like this doesn't come around often and I will be forever indebted to both Susan and Linn. Thank you so much xx

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. Thank you for your helpful tips and recommendations. I’m sure other travellers will find this helpful. I will also be sure to thank Linn & Susan for their attentiveness and hospitality. It is always encouraging to hear such favourable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment for 2 nights with my mother. We stayed on the eighth floor. As we walked into our apartment we were surprised to find a couple of stairs which lead up to the narrow corridor. The bedroom although small had double glazed windows which helped the construction and traffic noise. The kitchen and living areas were spacious however windows were not double glazed and windows were able to be opened with no safety measure in place. The bathroom was clean but the shower was over a bath which was difficult to get in and out of and the shower head was too short to stand underneath.

• Stayed July 2014
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. We are currently looking at options for better sound proofing of the apartments that are affected by such noise. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will be discussing your comments about issues raised with the Department Head of Maintenance in an effort to improve the shortfall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Good location if you want to be by Darling Harbour.
Indoor pool a bit cold.Not suitable for small children. Spa perfect. Gym good.
A bit noisy- construction in area.
Construction in building, Balcony closed off.
Overall apartment was very comfortable.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we stepped in we were blown away.. Service AMAZING... Free upgrade and late check out an could not be friendlier. Room AMAZING.. Beautiful views and Sooooo comfy the shower was heaven!! Will definitely recommend and come back toothanks for making my birthday extra special

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to thank the staff for their attentiveness and hospitality. It is always encouraging to hear such favourable feedback and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you when you are next in Sydney.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Although this is in a great location with being at Darling Harbour, near the Casino and many other sightseeing places I have to say that my expectations were high as I do really enjoy staying at various Oaks Hotels but it was sadly not up to a few that I have stayed in. Tired in decor, really needs to have some life as the previous reviewer stated also. Would not pick it again to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for post. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. The building is a heritage listed building that was established in the 1800’s. The open atrium and the original hardwood floors have been maintained to uphold the authenticity that it was created. We have commenced refurbishment of our apartments and should you wish to stay in the future I hope that you would give us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our product. Thank you once again.

Been to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments? Share your experiences!