We recently stayed for our 3rd wedding anniversary from 10th Oct to 13th Oct. Upon check in was served by Jesse and we checked if the room had a view as we had specifically asked for a room with a view when we booked and payed, when we arrived the room after a very slow trip in the lift it looked very dated and the view was a construction site and a freeway, called reception, no answer so went down and was served up someone else, she advised our check in was correct and that was the room we paid for after explaining a couple of time she mentioned a surname which was nothing at all like ours and advised that was not my name, she then checked under the correct surname and advised that they had in fact booked us in the wrong room and supplied me with keys for the correct room but with no apology. The new room was suitable and similar to any other hotel room, the water pressure in the shower was very poor and the height of the shower head was just as bad unless your under 5 foot good luck! Upon checkout we were needing our bags stored as our flight was later that day and had to speak to 2 people at the front desk to find out what to do, neither of them very helpful or happy. The location is great and there is a covered bridge that takes you over the road to darling harbour safely. Darling Harbour is amazing and highly recommend dinner at Nicks Seafood!
Overall the rooms were decent and the location is great but unfortunately for me the customer service has left a lasting impression and I don't think I would stay again and we have stayed at other Oaks hotels before and had great experiences so it is a real shame.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, offer central Sydney accommodation in an architecturally renovated historic landmark building. Situated in the hub of Darling Harbour and combining the charm and elegance of the 1800’s, with all the modern amenities for your business or leisure stay.With a magnificent neo-classical facade, original tallow wood floors and exposed ironbark columns featured throughout the hotel, as well as views from many of the rooms over the skyline of Sydney and one of its major attractions, Darling Harbour, Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments stands out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.