“Don't think I'd stay here again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

Save Saved
You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights & Save 10%!
Ranked #36 of 130 Specialty lodging in Sydney
“Don't think I'd stay here again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was lovely the first 2 nights, great room! GREAT service the whole trip! Close to everything!
Then came the last 2 nights, our phone didn't work at all in our room! People were very loud leaving their rooms and slamming doors and gates ( we were on level 2 room 226)bed was hard! our air conditioner stopped working completely, went down stairs to see staff.. TWICE! Second time staff member was a bit rude! Then this happened again the next night! Then to top off our trip the fire alarm went off, my partner and I had no idea where to go or what to do. Don't believe I'll recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I would like to apologise for your dissatisfaction regarding your stay. I do have your booking details and will certainly be contacting you in regards to the concerns raised. I completely agree that it is unacceptable for the situations to occur that may hinder your memorable stay. Also we do take Customer Service very seriously and it is an essential attribute of our business. We thank you for your positive comments as well.

983 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Really good apartments for a few days in Sydney stayed with family after long flight from UK lovely comfortable bed great views well equipped kitchen. The building is startling inside old beams and high roofs

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the apartment and that the location and facilities were desirable for your needs while in Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Well worth the price to have so much room in such a brilliant location.

Only suggestion would be to have advice on how to access initially via the walkway. We did some extra miles trying to figure it out walking from the train... Granted most people are brighter than us and arrive by taxi or shuttle!

Loved it and would return.

• Stayed September 2013
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am please that you were happy with your overall stay at the Oaks Goldsbrough. I do wish to inform you that there are signage’s put up near the walkway for directions to our building however I will take your comments on board and discuss to further review them and improve this shortfall. I hope you choose us again for your accommodation needs in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment and were upgraded to one with an amazing view over darling harbour. It was a perfect vantagepoint to watch the fireworks on the Saturday evening. The location of the oaks is great. A very short walk to darling harbour and walkable distance to the city centre. The apartment itself was clean and spacious.
We would definitely stay at the oaks again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy that the staff were able to offer you an upgrade and that you enjoyed your two bedroom apartment. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It met the brief:
1. Short travel time from home; easily accessible via public transport & then by foot
2. Indoor heated pool & spa
3. Nickelodeon, DVD player & 30 min free Wi-Fi/day
4. Darling Harbour playground, McDonald's, Mother Chu's in China Town
5. Heritage features alongside the modern conveniences of a good hotel
6. Functional kitchen for prep and storage of food/drinks
Misc. Comments:
1. Friendly and accommodating staff
2. Close to reasonably priced IGA supermarket and a variety of food options - many that will deliver to your door.
3. Loved the layout of the 2 bedroom apartment and the wonderful views of the Sydney city skyline by day and by night.
4. I highly recommend the Goldsbrough if you have the above requirements in accommodation, location and holiday experience. One should try to be a tourist in one's city more often - there is a sensory treasure trove of things to experience if you open yourself up to the possibilities.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. Thank you for your helpful tips and recommendations. I’m sure other travellers will find this helpful. Thank you again for your postive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We visited Sydney in April 2013 and wanted to base ourselves near Darling harbour. We arrived quite early at the Oaks, expecting to only be allowed to leave our luggage until the regular check-in time of 2pm. (We were there before 10.30am - our flight from NZ arriving by about 9am). To our surprise, the friendly and helpful receptionist checked room availability and sent us up to our apartment. We were having coffee in it by 11am! Further - I had advised that I have no head for heights and wished to be accommodated on a lower floor. This was done - we were on level three. I was pleased about this as the lay-out of the building means large vertical spaces and walkways to the apartments.
The apartment itself, while 'tired', was meticulously cleaned - and each day during our week-long stay. For location and value for money, we doubt that this accommodation can be beaten in Darling Harbour! We would definitely choose the Oaks for our next stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate your request and that you enjoyed the apartment and location for your needs while in Sydney. I will be sure to pass on your nice comments regarding the staff and we look forward to welcoming yourself back in the future.
Wingham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I loved this old building. They have retained the features of the old wool store, lots of exposed wooden beams, and combined them with modern luxury. The hotel is very conveniently located next to the college I am studying at, so I couldn't get a better location. It was lovely to walk down to Darling Harbour whenever I felt like it to.
I had a couple of swims in the pool, just a good length for laps.
I was given a one bedroom apartment when I was expecting a studio- no extra cost- so really enjoyed the spacious, clean and nicely furnished rooms.The view from the balcony was of the back laneway and a brick wall, but hey I am in the middle of the old industrial area of Sydney so I couldn't complain too much. The staff were helpful and friendly.
My only compliant would have to do with the fact that the lifts weren't working in the nearby carpark but the has more to do with the removal of the monorail than the Hotel.
Hope I can stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your post. I am very pleased to hear that you found the location to be so convenient and that you enjoyed the heritage feel of the building. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. I will be sure to pass those comments onto them. We very much look forward to looking after you once again when you are next in Sydney.

Been to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments? Share your experiences!