“Good Location off Darling Harbour & Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
TripAdvisor Autumn Offer!
Ranked #95 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Gurgaon
“Good Location off Darling Harbour & Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The one bedroom apartments are comparatively small with tiny bedrooms where the bed takes all the space leaving none to move or place your bags. Beds were comfortable.

Living area and kitchenette are reasonable size. The old style window slides up a bit to allow fresh air to come in. View from the room was of Darling Harbour in the distance, the flyover and convention centre across the service lane and city skyscrapers in the distance.

The hotel has easy access to Darling Harbour through a walkway on the first floor where one walks through a corridor lined with prison kind of fencing outside apartments on both sides.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your post. Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments and found the facilities to be favourable. The building is a heritage listed building that was established in the 1800’s as a Wool Store. The open atrium and the original hardwood floors have been maintained to uphold the authenticity that it was created. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Thai first
NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spent a week at this property for work while conferencing at the exhibition centre.
I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was spacious and suitable for the week, the reason I chose this property is I wanted a property with a kitchen & laundry facilities which was great to be able to use during a long stay.
This property is so close to the exhibition centre and it is easy to get to, you are also close to many other restaurants, shopping centre, cbd etc
The rooms are a little old and the house keeping could do a bit better, some days they seemed a bit slap happy with the work they had completed.
Lifts are really slow
Pool & Gym area are great
Room windows can open which is a great surprise especially when you prefer natural air rather than air conditioning.
When we arrived we parked in the suggested car park it was a bit confusing on how to actually get into the hotel, you need to walk over the bridge and you will find some doors which you can call reception to let you in
One night I did go out and got a cab back to the hotel, yes the cab did stop in the right place but the entrance is not very well signed posted, especially in the dark.
I will be staying at this property again when I go back to Sydney for business

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location and facilities provided within our apartments. I will be discussing your comments about the Housekeeping with the Department Head in an effort to improve the shortfall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments were a pleasure to stay at. Clean, tidy, and well maintained, I could not fault the service or the staff. Would recommend to travellers for both business and pleasure. Very close to Darling Harbour makes it the perfect spot to begin your conquest of Sydney. Business people will find it has easy access to the city centre and is a quite retreat at the end of a long business day. The ability to cook for myself was a huge benefit, as was the ability to wash and dry my clothing during an extended stay.
The only criticism, it would be around the bathroom layout, and the positioning of the toilet between a wall and the bath\shower, and that the shower heads were positioned rather low for someone of my height. That said, it is not a deal breaker and I will be requesting my company to book me in here for all my future stays in Sydney.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the apartment and that the location and facilities were desirable for your needs while in Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is not great but it is not awful either. The pros and cons kind of balance each other.
On arrival check in was fast and straight forward although the service from an unimpressed receptionist with no smile was a little bad. We made our way to our room in the really SLOW lifts on level 7 (728) we requested the northern end as have heard it is better to stay away from the noisy freeway as it is really close. The halls are interesting, I wouldn't say this is a negative, the kids definitely thought it was cool, it did remind me a little of a prison though. The room was definitely not what I expected, it was clean and large and has a separate bath and shower which was great. The kitchen was good also, we only used it once on our two night stay but would be handy for longer stays. It is a good location and we got our bedroom apartment for a great price, I would stay here again for the right price but I wouldn't pay too much as it is very basic. For families and people who don't have high expectations this is perfect. As there are permanent residents in the building it is important to keep noise to a minimum which was fine but we had people in the room next to us peering in our door and coming to their door( which was kept open at all times) to look every time we came into or out of our room which made it a little uncomfortable.
Definitely would request not to stay in the room again.

Room Tip: choose the northern end of the building and don't stay in 728 as the permanent residents there m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments. Oaks Goldsbrough is a heritage listed building that was established in the 1800’s as a Wool Store. The open atrium, original hardwood floors have been maintained to uphold the authenticity that it was created. We manage a strata title building which includes hotel rooms, private residents and owners. I am pleased to hear that the apartment suited your needs whilst in Sydney. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our property in the near future to show you that we can provide an efficient and enjoyable experience.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here for only 2 nights and it was wonderful! The room was very spacious and it had everything you could think of from pots and pans to extra blankets. We didn't use the kitchen facilities but having the option is always fantastic.
The only bad thing I would say was the room that we stayed in had a view of a car park. Not much to look at.
Very clean, service was wonderful, friendly staff.
Only a short walk to the harbour.
Didn't have room service nor the spa. therefore the low ratings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I would like to sincerely thank you for your post. I am very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I appreciate your positive comments about the staff and will surely pass the feedback on to them. Next time you are in Sydney I hope you will choose to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

It is a late review but it is definitely the most impressive hotel I have ever been!! it is so special, with great location, perfect service, Josie at front desk is so nice, helpful and funny. There is some sound prove issue but because everything else, I will definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2013
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you feel welcome. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and Jesse for his efforts and customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The one bedroom apartment is very spacious with a good size bedroom, living area, fully equipped kitchen and washing/drying machines. You could save on restaurant and laundry costs. The building has some interesting architecture features including high ceiling and exposed timber beams The whole place feels more like an apartment block than a hotel, so it's nice and quiet but not very exciting. The lap pool is very nice. Staff is very helpful. There are several snack/cafes in or next to the building but proper restaurants and bars are about 10 minutes walk. Ideal for families.

Room Tip: Rooms are leased from individual owners so condition and furnishing may differ from room to room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments? Share your experiences!