“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments

Save Saved
You added Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments to your Saves list
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   243 Pyrmont Street | Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights & Save 10%!
Ranked #38 of 130 Specialty lodging in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my partner, we stayed at the oaks goldsbrough in december on a very nice room over looking the harbour on level 13.Purpose of our stay was to cruise around and to see the beauty of sydney city. The hotel is in a great location, very close to everything and specially the beautiful harbour is just minutes away, the room rate was also very reasonable, but i must say one of the main highlight was very good customer service from the time we came in to the time we left.

We drove all the way from brisbane and had large number of baggages with us and one of the main inconvenience was there was no ramp on the hotel door, but of the the beautiful staff named SHEIKH was very helpful from day one.
We are elderly couple and unloading car full of baggages was a hardship for us, that good fella was drinking coffee outside on his break saw us struggling carrying bags and single handed carried the bags on the stairs and took them upstairs, when we offered some tips he dint take it but said "it is duty of everyman to help each other". We stayed there three days and everyday when we saw sheikh, he would ask us how was the day with a great smile, rest of the crew member serving on the front line was as great .

We would love to stay there again when we come to visit sydney, but one request to the hotel management "PLEASE PUT A SIGN ON THE MAIN DOOR WITH HOTELS NAME" because its very confusing to find where the hotel is located.

Room Tip: Findng this hotel can be a Nightmare, so try to look for a caffee on the right side of Pyrmont stree...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksGoldsbrough, Manager at Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am aware that the property can often be difficult to find if you are not familiar with the local area. The issue regarding the lack of signage is due to the fact that we must comply with the building’s Body Corporate Guidelines and as such cannot display the signage directly out the front. This is an issue that we are currently trying to address. Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding the level of service that Sheikh provided you. I am very pleased that he was able to help you even when he was on his break. He is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to him. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

1,052 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Thai first
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was extreemely nervous about staying at these apartments after reading mixed reviews however it was quite good. The location is great, not far at all to the darbour and attractions. The rooms were large, a concern was the stair case that was very steep, there were many a falls had by my 2 yr old. Our room did not have a good view at all but we did not spend much time in the room. The building does echo very badly and people can be heard loudly running and carrying on along the hallway at all hours of the night, not to mention the noise that can be heard from the room next door. Just hope you dont get a group of loud party animals as it is impossible to sleep. The pool is a great facility, long operating hours which was handy. I would stay here again but would hope for a view of some kind.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please let us know when you are next staying and we will try our very best to allocate you a room with a view. I look forward to hearing from you before your next stay.
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have stayed at hundreds of hotels and the guest experiance from Tahni at this particular hotel was outstanding. I went out for a game of golf and i broke my ankle while i was playing.
Tahni is a little woman and she helped me to my room and it was far. She let me put all my weight on her and she walked me to my room. She went above and beyond the normal.
She has called the room every half hour to make sure i was ok. What a great asset to the Goldsbrough hotel.
Thank you Tahni your the best.
Scott O'Daniel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the service that Tahni provided you. It is always very encouraging to hear the positive feedback and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Tahni. We wish you a speedy recovery with your ankle and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Taupo, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location, size and Cost . It lived up to all of these. Only comments were cleanliness was average and 1 Receptionist lacked basic knowledge of local area and sent us on wild goose chase for a close by supermarket. Staff need to be trained more on this info.
Other then that Great location, friendly staff, good sized rooms. Perfect place if you want to explore Sydney.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in December 2012 and after booking then reading the reviews I was worried. Absolutely no need to worry though. The service is great and friendly, the apartment was nice and clean with great views. However the most important factor for me was the location, once you understand where you are and the quickest way to darling harbour you realise how central it is. Very happy with my stay and look forward to the next time I am down in Sydney. Will be staying in Oaks Goldsborough again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your post. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the location and facilities to be an asset to your stay. We very much look forward to your return visit. Please be sure to let us know when you are next in town.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Whilst the postion is convenient, the client service was poor.
On check-in, room time was advised to come back, on return had to wait another half an hour, even though we checked in at 11am to hold our luggage.
On a six night booked stay, the fourth night at 11pm, the room was given to another guest booked, therefore walked in while we were sleeping. I brough this up with two different staff members and till now not formal apology or reimbursement.
Would not recommend to stay here, for the heart of Sydney a very poor performance.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle NSW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've never written a negative review before, and am generally extremely easy to please, but on this occasion will make an exception. Having stayed here before, finding it to be a convenient and comfortable place to stay, I booked a couple of nights in a standard one bed apartment. After arriving quite late in the evening, exhausted and wanting desperately to go to sleep, we were given a room on the 5th floor right next to the freeway out to the Anzac bridge...literally could have touched the traffic as it zoomed past. I can sleep through basically anything but this was very very noisy so I called to request a different room. They said they would call back in 10 mins...15 mins later I was almost asleep in a chair so I walked downstairs. An hour after initially checking in I was in bed in an apartment on the 2nd floor which was lovely and quiet. At 3.30 in the morning I was awoken by voices that sounded like they were in our apartment...and they were!! First a man opened the bedroom door exclaiming surprise at our presence and then his female companion came and did the same...they left and with an important meeting to attend early in the morning I was too tired to care much at this point - although couldn't sleep for some time, wondering if they would return.

After attending my plans for the day I returned to find my access card wouldn't open the door to the apartment so I headed back to reception to sort it out. After waiting quite some time in the line I explained to the woman there my problem. It turned out that we were still in the system under the original room on the 5th floor...probably explains why people entered the room through the night...after much tooing and froing with the back office she fixed the card and then I confirmed with her our request for an extra bed for the night (already paid for). She really didn't seem to be on top of anything but said she would check it out. Whilst waiting I overheard some other guests telling another staff member that they had gone into their allocated room and found someone's belongings already in there...the same room that we were in! The hotel had given our room to yet another guest...no wonder my key stopped working. So now we have had 2 different sets of unknown people enter our room and I only found out about the second by chance. Lucky for us they were the honest type and didn't steal anything during their visit. The woman never came back from checking about the extra bed and we ended up sorting it for ourselves with one we found sitting outside the storage room a few doors down from our room.

On the morning of our checkout my friend went to reception to inform them of the unsatisfactory security of our room and to sort out our parking. They didn't seem to care much and eventually gave her 10% off the bill. When it came to paying for parking we had already discussed at check in that we were parked in the secure parking station on harris street as we had bikes strapped to the back of the car. At the time this was fine however on check out the man had to get another woman to validate the tickets. She was publicly rude to my friend, refusing to validate the parking on the grounds that we should never have been allowed to park there. With further negotiations we finally got the parking sorted and were on our way.

Whilst our final room was comfortable, quiet and suited our needs...the completely inadequate systems in place that allowed for 2 different sets of people to enter our room incorrectly, and the disregard of many of the staff for the inconvenience this caused, as well as the blatant rudeness with regards to the parking, left a rather bitter taste and I will be very reluctant to risk staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor, freeway side...very noisy!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments? Share your experiences!