After previous stays I recommended the Oaks for a girls weekend away, we booked a 2 bedroom apartment seven months before our weekend, we arrived and the staff couldn't find our reservation. After waiting for a hour it was finally resolved. Unfortunately we were given the apartment located next to the Western Freeway - with no blockout blinds, or noise insulation. The 1st night was horrendous with trucks lights shinning in windows including the windows with foldout bed, next morning I was down at reception at 7.30am asking for a different apartment, this was eventually managed after 1hr of negotiating and also the room being inspected by reception personnel to see that I wasn't "lying". We were relocated at 2.30pm.
Considering this is an apartment with opportunity for a fold out bed in the living area, it should have block out blinds!
Whilst the apartments are spacious, the location great, I believe the management of the apartments seriously neglected to train their reception staff in the process of accommodating their guests. As we had paid full price we felt let down and disappointed.
My parents stayed 3 weeks later and experienced more problems when checking in. Their accommodation was prepaid via an agent and reception found no record of booking or payment. After much negotiating and stress for my mid 70's pensioner parents the booking was located, they then had to pay upfront on the understanding there would be a credit issued when it was sorted out - the credit took another 5 weeks to arrive.
Make sure you travel with your paperwork, their office management leaves a lot to be desired.,
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments, offer central Sydney accommodation in an architecturally renovated historic landmark building. Situated in the hub of Darling Harbour and combining the charm and elegance of the 1800’s, with all the modern amenities for your business or leisure stay.With a magnificent neo-classical facade, original tallow wood floors and exposed ironbark columns featured throughout the hotel, as well as views from many of the rooms over the skyline of Sydney and one of its major attractions, Darling Harbour, Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments stands out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.