We always choose apartments over hotel rooms for our family of two teenage girls plus mum and dad. Having previously loved Meriton Danks Street, we thought we'd try their city version. What a great idea!
Stayed for a week over Christmas to make the most of everything Sydney has on offer at this time of year. By day, we travelled easily by foot and on trains, getting to Circular Quay or Bondi Junction is just a couple of train stops. Darling Harbour and the inner city are easily accessible. If you walk along Kent Street for one block you will be at an entry to Town Hall arcade and can be on a train to anywhere in ten minutes. This is an easy walk and would be suitable even for small children and able bodied seniors.
Coles is nearby, so we stocked up on groceries on the first day and made use of the excellent kitchen facilities for most breakfasts and some dinners. These cheaper meals let us be extravagant for the others at the huge range of fabulous restaurants on offer in Sydney.
The lounge and beds are comfy and it was lovely to come home and put our feet up after a busy day. There is lots of room to hang your clothes and spread out comfortably. Ten minutes of careful unpacking at the beginning and it really is a home away from home.
Staff are unobtrusive, we can't say more because there was nothing that needed attention. From check in to check out everything ran smoothly. If there was anything that could be improved, and it is only minor, it is that the towels are somewhat past their use-by date. Nevertheless, they were changed regularly and did the job efficiently.
The thoughtful, efficient layout of our apartment made our stay an absolute pleasure. Whilst our South West view was mainly buildings, there are worse ways to spend an evening than sitting on a balmy balcony with a companion and a wine to gaze at the city lights.
Meriton has done it again for us, and we will most certainly be back!
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street positions you in the heart of the city with an impressive 431 apartments consisting of studio, one, two and three bedroom configurations all with luxury finishes. Here all the nightlife and entertainment options are so close you will really need to stay an extra night with so much to do.We are situated right in the Spanish Quarter and a minutes’ walk from Chinatown. With one of the many lively pubs or bars so close the action never stops as there is always something new to see and discover. Enjoy the trend-setting shopping just across the street at the new World Square Shopping Centre, enjoy a show at the Entertainment Centre or see the latest release movie on the big-screen at Event Cinemas - all right on our doorstep. Plus all of Sydney's major attractions are all within walking distance; Darling Harbour (IMAX), Cockle Bay Wharf, Queen Victoria Building, Sydney Aquarium, Powerhouse Museum, Sydney's business district, many corporate headquarters and Law courts. The oversized fully equipped apartments designed for living will allow for the most comfortable stay in apartment accommodation in Sydney. Each apartment has a kitchen (studios have kitchenettes), and a separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. The apartments are also fully air-conditioned and most have opening windows and balconies to allow for fresh air. This property is the last designed building of the world famous Australian designer, Harry Seidler. Why stay in a hotel, when you can stay in a iconic Meriton Serviced Apartment! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Meriton, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.