Because we travel for business, we book a 2 bedroom apartment so that we each have our own private room yet share a common lounge / kitchen area. This suits us perfectly as the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the apartment so that if some-one wants to go to bed early, there's no noise issue. The master bedroom has an ensuite and TV but there is a second bathroom/toilet for the use of the second bedroom occupant. My only complaint about the bedrooms would be the bed-head lighting which is not quite strong enough for reading. I had to leave the ceiling light on as well.
The location is great as there is both a Coles and Woolworths supermarket close-by with which to stock the kitchen. In saying that, there are plenty of good restaurants within a 5-10min walk, but as we were there for 6 nights, we wanted a "home-cooked" meal a couple of times. Also, Sydney can be quite expensive food-wise so we purchased bread, eggs etc so we could have our breakfast in the apartment. Teabags, coffee sachets & sugar are provided. If you are planning a longer stay and want to cook, you might want to BYO salt, pepper etc. Cooking utensils are rudimentary but if you require anything extra (we needed another saucepan as we were doing spaghetti bolognaise), the staff are only too happy to oblige.
The apartment was "serviced" daily ie. fresh towels if you wanted, bed made, rubbish collected and dishwashing liquid etc replaced. Again, just a small gripe - maybe after 3 days some-one could have run a vacuum/broom over the floor.
We've stayed here a number of times now and will be back as it's value for money and has a good "home away from home" vibe. Free wi-fi would be great but not essential. All in all, a good choice if you're after apartment accommodation.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street Hotel
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street positions you in the heart of the city with an impressive 430 apartments consisting of studio, one, two and three bedroom configurations all with luxury finishes. Here all the nightlife and entertainment options are so close you will really need to stay an extra night with so much to do.We are situated right in the Spanish Quarter and a minutes’ walk from Chinatown. With one of the many lively pubs or bars so close the action never stops as there is always something new to see and discover. Enjoy the trend-setting shopping just across the street at the new World Square Shopping Centre, enjoy a show at the Entertainment Centre or see the latest release movie on the big-screen at Event Cinemas - all right on our doorstep. Plus all of Sydney's major attractions are all within walking distance; Darling Harbour (IMAX), Cockle Bay Wharf, Queen Victoria Building, Sydney Aquarium, Powerhouse Museum, Sydney's business district, many corporate headquarters and Law courts. The oversized fully equipped apartments designed for living will allow for the most comfortable stay in apartment accommodation in Sydney. Each apartment has a kitchen (studios have kitchenettes), and a separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. The apartments are also fully air-conditioned and most have opening windows and balconies to allow for fresh air. This property is the last designed building of the world famous Australian designer, Harry Seidler. Why stay in a hotel, when you can stay in a iconic Meriton Serviced Apartment! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Meriton, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.