“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   528 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent in all aspects except noise from the street at night if you are a light sleeper like me. We stayed in level 17 which is a few levels above street level. I'm sure the apartments higher up would be better from a noise point of view.

Room Tip: Lower levels may be noisier.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birender C, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Craig M,

Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback on TripAdvisor.

I do apologise if you were disturbed by the street noise during your stay. I have placed a preference note on your profile to request a high floor for your next visit as this will avoid any noise interference from the street.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (899)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My daughter and I had a lovely two nights in a one bedroom apartment. The staff was very friendly on check in, check out and luggage storage. We loved the pool and spa. The apartment building is located close to two stations and a short walk from Darling Harbour. Very convenient!
Only a very small negative - the bathroom floor was a bit dusty and I found a band aid between my sheets when I opened the bed on the first night. The sheets did look clean however

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ozfarrells,

Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback on Tripadvisor.

Let me firstly offer my sincere apologies for your apartment not being up to our regular high standard of cleanliness. I was shocked and disappointed to read your comments that a bandaid was found in your bed. Our Housekeeping team prides itself on being diligent and thorough; however unfortunately in this case there was a slight oversight. Please kindly note, that I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure procedures are put into place to prevent re-occurrences of such.

Besides the concern raised it is wonderful to see you enjoyed the facilities and the superior Meriton Service we are renowned for.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Everything from actual reservation to check out was great. Helpful service via the reservation phone line and a discount to room rate from the facebook page.

I was travelling alone so had booked a one bedroom but was put in a two bedroom apartment. Check in was fast, my room was on the 40th floor so no noise from the street. Staff at front desk were helpful and polite. I also had a 'realaxed check-out' so did not have to leave until 1pm.

Apartment was large, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One with a shower, one with both shower and bath (seperate). Kitchen was a good size and a large fridge/freezer. TV in the lounge and in the master bedroom. Also, the bedroom windows opened which was good as I always need fresh air when sleeping.

Overall great, furtniture was in good condition though a small crack in marble surface of one table however room and bathrooms were pretty clean though there were some small flying bugs things in one of the bathrooms. They seemed to come through the fan.

Only slight downside is that there was a slightly weird smell in the lounge room, like cheese or something...Or the smell of being vacuumed with an old/smelly vacuum cleaner. But overall cannot complain!

As this hotel is serviced apartments, there was no on site restaurant but some local restaurants offer in room dining, I had the chinese option (Lynn Shanghai Cuisine) and that was pretty bland and funky tasting so wouldn't recommend it.

Breakfast was easy as the hotel is right next to a cafe that made a surprisingly great coffee and had some nice sandwiches/croissants.

Would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you are in town a while and need laundry and kitchen facilites. It was great going home with a suitcase full of clean and dry clothes!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ham_Cat_NZ,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review of Meriton Kent St. Trip Advisor is a valuable tool for not only informed travellers like yourself, it is a fantastic way for us to constantly improve the services we provide and pride ourselves on.

Let me firstly offer my apologies for your apartment not being up to our regular high standard of cleanliness. I was disappointed to read your comments that you reported regarding the strange smell in your apartment, and the uninvited flying “guests” in your bathroom. Please kindly note, that I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure procedures are put into place to prevent re-occurrences of such.

Thank you once again for your time and I do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future.
Purwokerto, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street is a 5-star Service APartment located right at the heart of the city, behind Event Cinema, Gerorge st.
Easy access to public transport (bus, train - Town Hall station is 5-10 minutes walk)
Walking distance to Darling Harbour, China Town and the city's entertainment and shopping complex!!!!
EXCELLENT value considering for the same amount, I could only get 3-star Acommodation with Tiny Room!!!!
The room is huge, clean and very modern. All amenities provided.
Washing Machine, Dryer and Iron available, so we don't need to bring so many clothes.
Stove, Microwave, Oven, Cooking Utensils and Cuttleries are also provided for those wanting to cook themselves.
HIGHLY recommended!!!

Room Tip: Choose 1 Bedroom Apartment for only few dollars extra compared to Studio Apartment. GREAT value and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Meriton M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Dhanyt,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street.

Our apartments are well appointed and conveniently close to Darling Harbour and China town, a short leisurely stroll as you have kindly noted. We are constantly striving to exceed customer expectations and I am pleased to see we met your needs.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Mertion Services Apartments is located in a lively area of ​​Sydney. The vicinity of the residence offers many restaurants, bars, pubs, etc ... as well as shops and supermarkets. This is very useful when you want to cook in your apartment. We had a beautiful apartment with 2 large bedrooms and 2 large bathrooms. The kitchen is fully equipped. From our balcony we could enjoy a magnificent view of Sydney. Note that a pay parking directly connected to the hotel is available. Service friendly and helpful at reception.

Room Tip: take the Skyview apartments !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stumbled across a sale fare for this hotel and jumped at the opportunity. The establishment has a fresh feel to it, is in a great location being just one block from George St and World Square, is great value for money and has amazing facilities like a spa, sauna and pool.

2 (very minor) issues, I was on the 17th floor and but the noise from the street below was still clearly audible. I find it hard to sleep with light being shone into the room. I found that the gap between the tiled floor and the bottom of the door and also around the outside of the door to the hallway let in a lot of light to the room. The block out curtain did the job on the huge window, and I put a towel on the floor at the foot of the door to try stop some of the light coming in.

Room Tip: I'm beginning to wonder why people would opt for a 4 x 4 hotel room at other hotels, when you ca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear GF2183,

Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback on tripadvisor.

I do apologise if you were disturbed by the street noise during your stay. May I suggest that you request a higher floor for your next visit to avoid any noise interference from the street? Once again, thank you for your time and feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments in the near future.

Perth, Australia
1,075 reviews 1,075 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was perhaps the room. I was on level 18 (which, seeing as the reception is level 10, is really 8 floors up) so no real view, but thats ok.

The real problem was that the room absolutely reeked of smoke! It is meant to be a no-smoking hotel and they must have realised when cleaning the room yet hadn't taken any measures we could see to address it (air fresheners etc). We tried opening the window but my other half then complained of the noise when trying to sleep (we overlooked a very busy road).

In fairness, we could have asked for a new room the instant we walked in. The problem was that our plan in was delayed and we had an appointment for the night we had to quickly get changed for so didn't really have time to deal with it.

The room itself was fine but nothing too exciting. Kitchen wasn't particuarly well equipped and the ironing board and iron were very sub-standard when trying to iron for business (the board kept falling down a few notches and the iron was pretty pathetic at its job of ironing out creases!).

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Waddler,

We appreciate all guest feedback, as this valuable tool allows us to act in a positive manner and to constantly improve the services we provide and pride ourselves on.

Let me firstly offer my apologies for your apartment not being up to our regular high standard of cleanliness. I was disappointed to read your comments that you reported. Please kindly note, that I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure procedures are put into place to prevent re-occurrences of such.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent St Management

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street? Share your experiences!