“after 10 stays standard still hold high” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Sydney

You added Fraser Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   488 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Frasers Summer Fun
Ranked #34 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“after 10 stays standard still hold high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

this is now my 10th stay so i thought I'd write about it, a 5 star rating for serviced appartments in the CBD. rooms are cleaned daily and never been any issues, large flat screen TV, DVD and Ipod docking stations, most suites have washing machine dryer, dual microwave oven, dishwasher, iron, toaster etc There is a breakfast available with everything you need.
One of the best equiped gyms is open 24 hr with sauna and maybe 18m pool with spa pool. After hotels in Sydney they just don't stack up to this place. For the business traveller there are business centre and meeting rooms for a charge but i've never used them. Internet charge is $25 per day but ask about extended stay and you'll get a reductions...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Miami Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have been fortunate to have stayed at most of the hotels in Sydney and I can say I will not return to the Fraser Suites. I was laying on the chaise watching television and a cockroach crawled on my arm. I called the manager on duty and was informed that they do not have bugs yet offered bug spray(if you do not have a bug problem why do you keep bug spray on hand). I understand that bugs do occur but the staff was not helpful during the stay. There was a large painting cloth left on the floor during my entire stay. Again not typical of a 5 start hotel. Due to the race to Bondi I had to make two reservations and actually check out on Saturday. I asked five times for the staff to notify me if a room would become available. No one followed up and I was told I had to check out. I do not have a problem with checking out but upon looking at other travel websites I found that they were offering rooms at $2000 per night. Rather than keep a customer happy they allowed me to leave and cancel the rest of my reservation. I doubt they were able to get $2000 for that one night so they lost revenue from all of the nights I canceled. I asked to speak to the manager and was told she was on leave and that another manager would get back to me on Monday. I also left a comment card and emailed reception staff directly and I have yet to hear back from anyone. At $337 per night you can certainly find nicer places that are less costly. The Four Seasons and Taj Blue are fantastic!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at Fraser Suites on Kent st in late July for a hens weekend. We had a couple of rooms booked. The first one was a 1 bedroom suite on the 40th floor and the second one was a 3 bedroom penthouse on the 41st floor.

To begin with the 1 bedroom suite- wonderful! The room was very spacious it had a kitchen with a stove, microwave, mini bar a dining table for 2 and a very big lounge with a beautiful tv and dvd player all with floor to ceiling height windows with the view of Sydney (we could see town hall and st Andrews from our room) the bedroom had a king size bed- best sleep ever! The pillow and bed were extremely comfortable, and there was a second tv in the bedroom on the wall. The bathroom was also wonderful, spacious with a large shower- plenty of hot water. The only compliant would be the toilet it did not flush properly. There was a built in laundry, study desk with free wifi and a large wardrobe- perfect for a romantic weekend away.

Now the penthouse..one word AMAZING! As you walk in the door you are faced with a stylish set of stairs. The first floor of the penthouse consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms a kitchen and lounge room, as you walk up the stairs there is another huge lounge room and kitchen with 180 degree view of Sydney, it also faced north so we received plenty of sunlight it was an amazing room. There was also another large bedroom and bathroom with a spa bath- as well as a private study. I would recommend the penthouse for parties- or Hens nights, we had hired a beauty therapist who did massages, facials, pedi and manis for the day in the penthouse, it was absolutely wonderful.

The hotel itself is nice, the staff were friendly, we did not have time to look at the indoor pool unfortunately. The breakfast at the hotel served on the mezzanine was nice, they was a choice of fruits, yougurts, cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages for $28. The only bad feature we found with the hotel was that the lift was slow, it took about 5 mins to get up to the 40th floor without stopping.

Overall I would definitely stay here again, you definitely get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is less a hotel and more a block of luxury suites with facilities. It has a good gym and small pool. Service will not match that of a good hotel, nor is it really designed to. As a tourist I probably wouldn't stay here as it's a fair walk to Circular Quay etc. For me it was perfect though as I wa working just accross the road. Rooms are a goo size and well equipped. My only major problem was the lack of free Internet. At 25 dollars a day it's very expensive, and sometimes suffered from speed issues too. Not quick enough for streaming videos etc.

• Stayed July 2010
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Having spent far more time than necessary researching hotels in Sydney, I finally chose this one because it was close to where we wanted to be (Darling Harbour), was not as pricey as some of the other hotels in that area and most of the reviews were generally positive. (I don't really know what to make of hotels which have equal numbers of very positive and very negative reviews!)

Check-in was very efficient but I agree with another reviewer that the credit card bond they ask for came as a bit of surprise. Still, we had booked a one- bedroom deluxe suite and it was huge. There was a very spacious lounge and the bedroom was also a good size, with another TV. There was also a small kitchenette plus a washing machine and dryer. Our room was on the 41st floor and we had a good view of the bright lights of the city through the floor to ceiling windows which went all round the living room and the bedroom. My husband and I stayed for three nights and were happy with the room and the service we received. In fact, as our room had not been cleaned the day after we arrived (we had left a do not disturb sign on the door), reception followed up with us twice to make sure it was cleaned the following day.

The location is excellent: it's close to Town Hall station and the CBD. It is also only a 5-10 minute walk to Darling Harbour which is where we ended up going almost every day for breakfast/lunch as well as Chinatown where we twice had dinner.

The only negative I can think of is that water kept falling in the toilet bowl for a long time (and very loudly) if we used the left button to flush the toilet instead of the right one. This was only a minor problem but it was rather surprising as the hotel itself is rather new so you would not expect the fittings to suffer from such problems.

Nevertheless, we had a good experience with this hotel and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a getaway.
We booked a studio appt. Upon arrival, i was told there would be a $300 bond in case anything got broken etc etc. And wasnt told this when i booked.
The staff were ok, but no personality and felt like they didnt want to be there at all - i know its a job and some jobs aren't the best, but at least be more attentive i reckon.
Room service was ok. not a huge menu to choose from, but if you want dinner, theres a pub on the corner (im not sure of the name of it though). Its got good food etc etc.
I wont stay here again, but The location is pretty good. so if you want that, stay here.
I stayed at F1 the next night at sydney airport, and the reception was 100% better.
BUT P.S the bed is realllly comfy!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Only stayed here overnight with some colleagues, a few from interstate. Really glad we got to stay at this hotel. Service at the front desk was speedy and friendly both at check-in and check-out.

The studio room was more than adequate for 1 person, equipped with a king sized bed, a desk, an armchair and even a kitchenette. Loved the toiletries so I took them home. Fresh, modern decor with fantastic views of Sydney from the floor to ceiling window. Also because the rooms were so high up (I was on the 31st floor), there was no traffic noise to be heard. Would definitely stay here again!

One negative point - I found a shower cap hanging from a hook on the bathroom door, most likely from the previous guest.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fraser Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!