“Don't go there if your Black, gay, or foreign” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #314 of 614 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: There is so much to know about Stonewall Hotel, it is not just a place to go to the weekend. Stonewall Hotel is a history, it is an institution and it is a safe place for the GLBTI community. Stonewall is committed to supporting the lifestyle that all of us in the Gay community enjoy so much. Whether it be entertainment, fashion, parties or music, Stonewall will bring you events and items that help create the spirit of unity and love for our way of life.Our music will showcase our most popular Dj’s, our Hotel will provide a venue to enjoy each other’s company and Stonewall will also create lifestyle stuff that reflects our sense of self. Stonewall proud to be a Gay brand.The history is remembered the future is here!PROUD TO BE GAY AND LESBIAN!
Los Angeles, California
“Don't go there if your Black, gay, or foreign”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have never been more offended than to have the straight Middle Eastern Bouncers intimidate our group at what I thought was a gay club-they didn't like the fact that gay guys had straight girlfriends who wanted to go with us out. They discriminated against the girls with us and would only let in the guys-I have dealt with the aggressive manner of their bouncers previously when they have made it known they are not approving of the gay lifestyle from their religious beliefs and enjoy taking out their aggression whenever possible on patrons. I would strongly not recommend this place as a stop for a gay place to visit and have a drink-there are many great gay friendly places that don't require security as a first port of stop-Americans, Europeans, Africans, and South Americans especially be cautious-hope this saves you some of the troubles we have had-but still enjoy Sydney and Australia-apart from this dump it is a great city

scotland
“yaaaay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I agree, stonewall is GREAT! the drag shows are hilarious and theres a few floors to choose. I preffered ground floor but it gets mega busy so sometimes they just wont let you in and you have to go upstairs, a MUST for any gay traveller visiting sydney! or straight I guess too!

I MISS IT!!!!

Darlinghurst
“Hot Gay Boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

I went to Stonewall for my first time out here from America and I loved it. Three floors of Hot Hot Boys all partying. Loads of eye candy if your into goodlooking boys with their shirts off you'll love it.
Great pick up place!