“That's better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springfield Lodge

You added Springfield Lodge to your Saves list
Springfield Lodge
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   9 Springfield Avenue | Potts Point, Sydney, New South Wales 2011, Australia   |
Ranked #14 of 65 Sydney B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“That's better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I knew about the Springfield Lodge having stayed for one very cold night at its sister Challis Lodge also at Potts Point... I went into view a room whilst I warmed up at the Holiday Inn and I was very very pleased with what I saw: this place was like going from no starts to 6 stars! A heater, carpets, a good sized bed, a good sized TV and a newly appointed bathroom: YIPPEE! I have reviewed the Challis Lodge so you might read that to see why I am so rapturous about the Springfield Lodge. I have no hesitation in saying my stay was excellent despite having to move out for 2 nights because of the Lions match! The excellent rating was entirely based on the complete opposite rating that I have given to Challis Lodge! The front desk staff were smiley and efficient and helped reduce the number of nights that I had to move out. I was at the hotel for the best part of 3 weeks and would easily return to this hotel next time I come to Australia and Sydney!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Good location, good service, and good price. The room was clean and quite spacious. Really enjoyed our stay there. Bathroom was slightly cramped but for its price, you won't get a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently stayed 5 nights at this lodge in Potts point. The location is ideal ,just off the main road, close to shops and public transport. I booked the ' Do not disturb deal', a double bed room with no room service for 79$ directly from their homepage. Booking went through flawless and I received my confirmation email and a reminder a few days prior my departure. My purpose for my stay in Sydney for corrective eye surgery and I needed a quiet clean place where to recover. I could not ask for more ! The bathroom was spotless,the whole room was clean and very quiet at night. The windows face a courtyard so there is no view,but in my case the fact I could keep the room real dark helped tremendously. Another plus was the kitchen downstairs we used to prepare us toast and occasionally pasta. Reception,both day and evening shift were forthcoming and helpful. The building itself is lovely,heritage with a charming exterior and well taken care of interior. Although I did not try the food of the cafe right beside the lodge,I did indulge in their coffee. Unfortunately there is no free off street parking in Sydney city area,the hotel offers a deal with nearby parking,but we left our vehicle in the Sydney outer suburbs and took the train. Overall I would return to this lodge, because after reading about other hotels in this price range and area and after first hand experience I am a satisfied guest. And after your first stay you can access their loyalty card!

• Stayed June 2013
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a brilliant place to stay if you want clean comfortable accommodation for great value in the city. We were apprehensive about where to stay because this was our first time in Australia and in Sydney. We didn't know where any place was so we looked up places on tripadvisor and this seemed to be the best place.

We arrive late due to our flight and had to get a taxi ($45), shuttle buses go to and from the hotel from the airport, or you can catch the train. Kings Cross station is a 2 min walk around the corner.

We were not expecting such a nice hotel for the price we paid for the room. There is a kitchen and laundry downstairs so you can cook your own food, eating out everyday is costly and it helped to have a normal breakfast eg. nice cereal we got in the shops.

The rooms are lovely and spacious, clean and comfortable. Our friends stayed at another hotel and found the rooms alot smaller and they had paid more.

As for all this business about the red light district, there is nothing to worry about. The district is basically alot of bars, nightclubs and a few strip clubs, what you normally find in any city. The hotel is located at the bottom of the district, we didn't hear any noise, only the normal you would on any Saturday night in any town or city.

The supermarket and all the shops are a 2 min walk from the hotel, there really is nothing you can fault about this accommodation.

We will definitely be back to stay here again when we return to Australia.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the 3rd floor because we had just arrived from Ireland, it was a very long fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were looking for reasonably priced accommodation in Sydney that was not too far out of the city, handy to transport and conveniently located.
Springfield Lodge ticked all the right boxes.
The front desk staff were not only very welcoming, but extremely helpful and seemed really happy, with lots of genuine smiles. First impressions of an establishment do count for a lot!
Room was modestly proportioned and equipped with all the basic necessities.
A reasonably equipped kitchen area is provided for guests in the basement, as is a guest laundry, both pluses, especially for a hotel in this price-range.
In addition to no lift access to the third floor we have to agree with other reviews concerning the compact size of the shower and toilet. Having said that, I'm 6 foot (1.8m) tall and managed. The plentiful supply of hot water in the shower, and good pressure too, made up for the limited space. However, to be reasonable, we did not pay a fortune for our accommodation, so this is an observation rather than a complaint!
Would we stay here again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me ask for a quiet room at the time of booking. Third floor rooms a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Springfield Lodge. I was massively impressed that when I arrived at 9am, they had the room ready for me to check into. The room itself was nice, well presented, admittedly a small bathroom but one of the best showers I have ever had. The location is absolutely fine and for those who are a bit open minded, it is actually a really fun area and walking distance to Sydney Opera House. The only reason I dont give it full marks is that I dont think that the sheets on the bed were changed for a few days and also the internet that I paid for cut out a couple of times and I had to pay again. Other than that, a really great choice for anyone staying for business and leisure and trying to keep in budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Springfield Lodge is a value for money accommodation at King's Cross. Its very close to the train station and easy to locate, in the middle of the bustling suburb of Potts Point. Within walking distance, you have pretty much everything you need. There are good food and bars everywhere. Room is spacious and clean, with AC or heater. Big TV screen too. Bondi Junction with its big mall is just 2 train stops away. All your shopping can be done there if you want to avoid the crowded and packed central.

Downside: It can get a little noisy especially on Saturday nights as you would expect as bars are pretty close by. But after an entire day of shopping and sight-seeing, I guess you would probably fall asleep pretty fast.

p.s You got to try the restaurant/café that shares the same building as Springfield Lodge. Its called Petrol. The food is AMAZING. Coffee is wonderful too.

Room Tip: Book way in advance. They have very good deals for early birds. And do get the "insurance"...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Springfield Lodge? Share your experiences!