I stayed at the Meriton on Saturday 30th March (long weekend) and it was a pleasant stay. I liked the studio apartment (it was only a "studio" because the bedroom has a large rectangular hole in the wall that opens into the living area. It was a quiet apartment, until I opened the balcony door and was then surprised at the amount of road noise that I was totally unaware of previously. With the door closed the noisiest part of the studio apartment was the hum of the bar fridge. I was also on the 11th floor, that may have helped, and I did have a nice view.
Given the long weekend I had an extra tight budget due to not receiving my wage on time. I didn't have enough for the $100 security deposit and the reception staff were nice enough to let me pay $80 instead. Since I booked via my mobile phone, this $100 charge was not made clear to me on their mobile booking system, causing me to be even more frugal.
I found the kitchen layout a bit weird - the cutlery is in a draw at ground level, and some other kitchen implements were so high I had to drag the heavy dining table chair across the tiles to reach them - I am 176cm tall.
The place had a high level of cleanliness, despite some wall scuffs, fine dust on the bedside tables, dust on power points behind furniture, the corrosion/calcium deposit on the corner of the shower screen, and some dark portions of the white tile grout. All minor things, but it's the little things that count ;) As someone else reported, the towels do smell slightly like bleach. I also found them a tad rough, but not enough to hinder my enjoyment at Meriton (I'm not a princess after all).
Check out was quick and easy, with pleasant staff.
I didn't use any other facilities at the Meriton, so I cannot comment on them.
Based on the above, I would stay here again, but if you do not want to drive around, the nearest train station (Green Square) is 1.5km away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising of 184 fully self-contained furnished apartments with studio, one, two and three bedroom configurations, nicely nestled amongst the residential precinct know as Crown Square. The property is just minutes from the trendy Danks Street cafes, restaurants, markets and the popular Hillsong Church. Only a 10-minute taxi ride from Sydney international and domestic airports the location of Meriton Serviced Apartments – Danks Street, Waterloo is ideal for both short stopovers and longer stays. Within the Waterloo complex is a resort style swimming pool, spa and gym as well as gardens and grass areas for basking in the sun and enjoying the Sydney weather. Plus a full sized Coles Supermarket and numerous specialty stores including Subway and many take-away food options all for your convenience. Positioned minutes from the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney Football Stadium, The Entertainment Quarter (Hoyts and IMAX), Royal Randwick Racecourse and Moore Park Golf Course the location is unmatched by any other accommodation provider in the area. Also a short distance from the wide-open spaces of Centennial Park which offers everything from cycling to horse riding, roller blading, tennis, golf and cricket. Centennial Park is also ideal for picnics with many areas set aside with barbeques for family gatherings. Designed for both business and leisure travellers these fully self-contained oversized apartments (most split-level) will have you feeling right at home. All apartments have fully equipped kitchen, separate laundry, which includes clothes washer, dryer, iron & ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Meriton, Tingo, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street, Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Danks Street, Waterloo Hotel Sydney
- Meriton Cameo Apartments Sydney
- Meriton Cameo Apartments Hotel Sydney