“Very noisy and very cold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels

You added Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels to your Saves list
Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   631 - 635 George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #77 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
“Very noisy and very cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I hardly ever complain but feel the need to write a review to warn others. This hotel is over priced. The rooms are cold, dark and depressing. The noise from outside didn't bother me too much as I would expect this from a hotel with central location (one thing it does have going for it!) but we were given rooms outside reception (rooms 108 and 109) and people may as well have been in the room with us. I was woken at around 6am every morning. It did feel very much like a glorified hostel which would be fine if this was reflected by the price. I would like to say however that the young lad who worked on reception was very friendly and helpful. I feel he is wasted in this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Pensione_Hotel, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Annahewison,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your previous stay with us did not live up to expectation and high standards that we have here at the Pensione Hotel Sydney.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused in relation to the rooms in which you stayed in and the noise that came from the reception area. I understand the frustration you had whilst staying with us in regards to the location of your room thus the noise of a morning. We do have rooms on high floors or away from the reception area and I am sure if the team had been made aware of your concerns, they would have been more than happy to try and accommodate your needs.

I am glad to hear however that one of the friendly front desk team members made your stay that bit more enjoyable and your kind words have certainly been passed on. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss any of these issues further please do not hesitate on sydney@pensione.com.au.

Warm Regards
Joanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The three things this place has going for it are the location, a fairly interesting rustic building and one nice staff member. The "queen bed" (in our "deluxe" room) was two single beds not even zipped together so there was a huge dip in the middle of the bed, which comes with complimentary stains on the doona cover.

The window was painted shut so the room gets very stuffy without using the AC.

The shower is designed to flood the bathroom floor which becomes very dangerous if you wish to use the toilet for example.

In my opinion, not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PensioneSydney, Front Office Manager at Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Beatthemeatles,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Pensione Hotel Sydney. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the housekeeping concerns regarding your room this is certainly not to the standard we strive to achieve. Had we of been aware of your discomfort our friendly team of staff would have been more than happy to assist in relocating you to an alternate room.

I am pleased to hear that there were several aspects that you also enjoyed during your stay and we would love the opportunity for you to return to us, allowing us to provide you with a better experience and ensuring that all of your expectations are met.

If you would like to come back to us I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly to allow me to ensure you receive the best available rate and that you are well looked after.

Warm regards
Heidi
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I only spent 1 night but the location is perfect. You are 5 minutes walk to Central station and directly behind the hotel is Chinatown, which has plenty of good restaurants at reasonable prices.

The room was clean and comfortable. Even though my room faced busy George street, the windows were soundproofed so I couldn't hear the traffic below.

I liked that it was easy to walk to many places directly from the hotel. My only complaint is that wifi is not free.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sumank,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!

I agree that our location is second to none as our proximity too many places in the city such as Darling Harbour, Pitt Street Mall and even public transport is extremely handy! I am also thrilled to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and although facing George Street our double glazed windows provided you with peace and quiet for a relaxing stay.

We do have several package options available to all guests, some of which included complimentary internet access. Please feel free next time you are travelling to Sydney to contact us directly and one of our friendly staff can assist in providing you with the best possible options to suit your needs.

Again, thank you so much for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in again.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a funky, friendly and fantastic little hotel in the centre of town. The staff were so friendly & helpful. Very clean rooms with a very comfortable bed and awesome shower all for a great nightly rate. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PensioneSydney, Front Office Manager at Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Kim B,

What a delightful Review!

It is always wonderful to hear our guests appreciate as much as we do our little gem in the heart of the City. We certainly pride ourselves on our unique presence and handy location. I agree that our micro cloud mattress toppers provide the perfect nights sleep and our relaxing rainshowers compliment a very comfortable stay. Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
San Clemente,California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was a big disappointment,unfortunately.
I have expect a 4 star hotel.Especially if you pay 150 AUD a night.
Breakfast ......................you have to pay extra
Wi-Fi............................. you have to pay extra
To pay by credit card.....you have to pay extra
Extremely small rooms,quite ugly bathroom shared with WC together.Not a romantic one.Rooms are noisy.You can hear every word from next door.
I dont want just complain,but I could not find anything positive.Maybe the staff of reception were quite helpfull with a city map,which was for free (at least).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensione_Hotel, Manager at Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear havefun09,

Thank you for your review.

I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant onsite, however we offer our guests a continental breakfast box and the use of the onsite Guest Lounge. We understand that this may not appeal to all of our guests and therefore like to suggest some of our favourite city cafés/restaurants that this beautiful city she has to offer.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Pensione Hotel Sydney in one of our Deluxe Double Rooms that are on the 3rd and 4th floor as they are larger in size, have a work desk, rain shower and come with complimentary Wi-Fi with a more modern décor. I feel you would have been much happier in one of these rooms instead of the Standard Petite Room you reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on sydney@pensione.com.au should you be returning to Sydney so I can ensure your next stay is perfect!
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Down in sidney for girls nite out and vivid light festival last weekend and booked standard triple room. I think we got great price for triple room with great bed compare to other hotels. Room 211, basic, clean and comfy bed. The toilet is clean and spotless. One double bed, and a bunkbed great for three of us. we are provided with towel and nice blanket for each bed. Room bit noisy as we can hear the busy street even until late nite and early morning. Recommended, just ask room far from busy george street. Overall, good stay, great location in main george street and convenient.

Room Tip: Ask room far from main street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sandy-inhl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear of any disturbance during your stay, I’m sure one of our friendly 24 hour receptionists would have been more than happy to move you had they been made aware. Next time we will make sure not to allocate you 211 but that of the same standard inside the building, so please don’t forget to contact us directly next time you are in town.

I hope you enjoyed vivid and had a great girls night out. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed six nights at this hotel and were well pleased wtth its cleanliness the staff and the quietness.Central to most destinations would stay here again.Having a basic kitchen available was a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear rog5659,

We love that you've enjoyed your stay and managed to take advantage of the Guest lounge due to being with us for 6 nights.

Thank you for your review, hope to see you again soon!

Been to Pensione Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels? Share your experiences!